Page 23 of 59 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: 7th/8th September 2019 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Yep, certainly sticky and uncomfortable at the moment, Pauly.

We don't have any air con at work and next to no air flowing through the showroom. And for the first three hours if I'm at my desk I get the sun straight on the back of my bonce and the customers a face full of blinding sun. It's like being in a bloody greenhouse. Not lasting forever, though.

What will you be doing tomorrow once you get the keys. A bit of a reconnaissance and see if there's anything needs doing before you start moving your stuff in? Any decorating / altering to do matey?

More importantly, how close is the nearest pub?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Remember a few weeks ago when I said another of my customers was going to give me a knackered pistol? Well, it was either give it to me or bury it in concrete, he said!

Well, he brought it in today in a sealed cardboard box. Driving home all sorts of visions we're going through my mind.....most likely a Chinese thingy, maybe a Hatsan Supercharger, maybe I might be really lucky and this break-barrel knackerbag will be a Diana 5 or a Scorpion?

Well, first guess was right. It's a Chink. Cocked it a few times and walloped it really hard and no sign of accidental disharge which he had reported. Although it has a breech bolt, the barrel's wobbly. Looked down the barrel and it's a smoothbore. Breech seal looks goosed. And looking into the trigger it's full of dust and gunge. So I'm thinking a minimal / zero spend clean and re-lube and see what it's like for plinkies.

You should have seen the third of a tin of pellets that came with it......Spitfires that were so covered in oxidisation and dust; they were almost multi-coloured!

I think I have that box of Marksman pellets I bought a couple of years ago. I think I'll put them through it. can't see the point of wasting anything resembling decent quality ammo in this smoothbore Oriental!
    Well, have you ever had your expectations blown away and exceeded in a massive, massive and positive way?

Well, this little pistol did just that a short while ago!

Kept cocking it and, not loaded, kept whacking the thing to see if the trigger would go off. Nope!

Dug the Marksman pellets out and proceeded to have a plink. Didn't have a clue where it would be shooting so I started at three yards.

Blimey! Absolutely blown away by the firing cycle. Very sweet and very little recoil and sight picture disturbance. Then, over the next few shots I thought I'd pay extra attention to the trigger. Result? A simple, single stage trigger that is not heavy, is clean breaking and consistent. No twang or boing whatsoever.

What's going off here? This thing is shooting so much nicer than I expected. And tidy little groups. Then moved the target box to between six and seven yards. Easily achievable one and a half inch groups. I just didn't want to put it down, such is the simplicity and enjoyment of a nice, basic ooen sighted spring pistol.

It looked a bit of a dog with stuck on gunge everywhere, so gave it a clean and it has come up pretty good.

I absolutely love the styling of this thing, the sight and muzzle profile reminding me of a classic German design, I think. Why can't BSA knock something like this up? It's solid and uncluttered.

Anyone know what it's based on? Maybe a bit of BSF plagiarism going on? Maybe even Relum?

Will have to look at the sights and suss out how to adjust, as it's shooting about an inch and a half high at my chosen range.

Oh yes, it diesels like buggery!

I reckon with a strip, degrease, de-burr and careful relube it'll be even sweeter and, who knows, maybe even more accurate?

By the way, it's the Westlake S2 and, looking on the SMK site, the .177 has a rifled barrel and the .22's a smoothbore.

Any of you nice peeps stripped one? Anyone know of any strip down guides / parts diagrams? I had a quick look a short while ago and couldn't find anything.

Oh yes, just remembered, with the barrel broken it's wobbly. Once in the closed position it's nice and firm.

I see they're £40 brand new. And having just received first hand experience of how this little thing shoots, I'd say it's a bargain. Even better for 'nowt, though!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post

Yep one more sleep if I can actually sleep in this heat and mugginess tonight.
    I reckon if I can't get to sleep tonight I'll have a midnight plink with the S410.....guaranteed to work!

Transfer port

I forgot to mention earlier. And I seem to remember seeing on here that the B2 is the same......the transfer port looks pretty massive for such a dinky pistol and tiny cylinder.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How

What will you be doing tomorrow once you get the keys. A bit of a reconnaissance and see if there's anything needs doing before you start moving your stuff in? Any decorating / altering to do matey?

More importantly, how close is the nearest pub?
    Yeah pretty much the above tomorrow Tone, checking around and a bit of measuring up etc. I don’t really need to do much but I will have repaint inside and out to brighten it up bit over the coming few weeks.

Nearest pub is a five minute walk although since leaving London I rarely go to a pub now.

I reckon if I can't get to sleep tonight I'll have a midnight plink with the S410.....guaranteed to work!
    Stop trying to pretend - you know you love it ! I bet you take it to bed with you tonight
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Yeah pretty much the above tomorrow Tone, checking around and a bit of measuring up etc. I don’t really need to do much but I will have repaint inside and out to brighten it up bit over the coming few weeks.

Nearest pub is a five minute walk although since leaving London I rarely go to a pub now.

Stop trying to pretend - you know you love it ! I bet you take it to bed with you tonight
    Hope today brings you loads of happiness, Pauly.

Going to be a busy little time for you, my friend.

How long have you got until you move out of rental? Had you said a month or so?

Sleepy-o-meter says

43 to go, peeps.

Sees, we is getting nearlier, nearly there, innit?

BOING!

Smile Bash Article

It's in, peeps.

August issue just landed through the letter box and, I guess, in the shops in the next few days.

Not read it properly yet. As I'd written too much, it had to be carved up a little. Hope it reads okay and you peeps enjoy it.

Many thanks to Melv, Dave and Jamie and Mel for the excellent piccies portraying the flavour of The Bash. Couldn't have done it without you fine people. And Jamie even managed to capture the camera shy Uncle Mick. Sorry, Mick!

The issue is rammed with lots of other fine stuff. Plenty of boingery content this month and much, much more besides.

And thank you Terry and Rosie for letting it happen.

Hope today brings you loads of happiness, Pauly.

Going to be a busy little time for you, my friend.

How long have you got until you move out of rental? Had you said a month or so?
    It's in, peeps.

Yep, 28 August Tone so a nice period t start to sort a few things out.
    August issue just landed through the letter box and, I guess, in the shops in the next few days.

Not read it properly yet. As I'd written too much, it had to be carved up a little. Hope it reads okay and you peeps enjoy it.

Many thanks to Melv, Dave and Jamie and Mel for the excellent piccies portraying the flavour of The Bash. Couldn't have done it without you fine people. And Jamie even managed to capture the camera shy Uncle Mick. Sorry, Mick!

The issue is rammed with lots of other fine stuff. Plenty of boingery content this month and much, much more besides.

And thank you Terry and Rosie for letting it happen.
    Well done again Tone for getting the feature on The Bash I will visit WH Smith in a few days.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Have you got the keys Pauly?

I have Tone I got them at 11:00. Been round there for a few hours today, may pop back later with a few bits.

I have Tone I got them at 11:00. Been round there for a few hours today, may pop back later with a few bits.
    Congratulations on the new place Paul.

About Time

This thread had a BUMP, there is a chance some one might miss it

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    This thread had a BUMP, there is a chance some one might miss it
    Haha!

Thanks for that, Pete; I thought we might have been encountering some slippage.

Blooming marvellous my little friend. Congratulations.

You must be a very happy and relieved little bunny.

Everything okay?