Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ... 84856575859 LastLast

Thread: 7th/8th September 2019 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Thanks mick and shirl for another wonderful weekend spent with lovely people. Looking forward to the next one already.
    Love and hugs to all

Baldy

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    It all came and went far too quickly for me (story of my life ) but glad I could be there for the time I did and be with my friends and other fine people . I enjoyed The Cults strip-down and reassembly of Jamie’s Taunus in record time . Thanks to Shirl and the geezer that lives with you whose name I can’t remember
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Saturday yet another great event in the best company, all the better for fine Sept weather with the accompaniment of some old biplanes performing aerobatics within our view and hearing at a nearby airshow. A sincere pleasure to see everybody again, due gratitude to Mick & Shirl for all that they do. Nearly 700 pels downrange with TX rifle & Webley MkI pistol plus goes with other peoples' super kit, most notably Transporter's old FWB Sport, Vernal's doctored LGV, Baldinio's Theobens, thanks to all. Hope to reconvene in Oct. All the best, Ted.

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    id love to come to one of these bashes but my eyesight aint what it was so hitting anything these days is a challange even with a scope. but boy do i love this airgun community we have here oldgrin: more of a collector these days sadly :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    Get yourself along anyway, there's no competition involved. There are targets from 8 to 70 yds including a steel plate the size of a fridge.

There's a sale table and lots of collectables to look at.

Be good to put a face to the name as well.

Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    As Dave said ,it doesn't matter if you can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.
    It's just a great place to meet folks with a like minded interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    come on a Saturday. half the attendees will still be pi55ed from the night before, so you'll be way better than them..

Honestly, it's more social and chatting about guns, and trying one another's toys out, than actually shooting at targets - although you can if it's your thing
    Hi Wilba, as pointed out above, come along anyway. It isn't a competition and no-one's going to be judging you. Some people don't fire a single shot and simply come along for the social side. Lots of very nice, genuine people and a massive array of beautiful toys to see.

You'll love it!
    Last edited by TonyL; 09-09-2019 at 05:54 PM. Reason: cone? "come"!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    Once again I can only echo the thoughts of all the other guys and gals and say thanks again Mick and Shirl for an amazing bash. I cant believe its over already!!!!
    Yep, it seems to take ages for a Bash to come along and then it's all over far too quickly, Mike.

At least the wait for the next one won't be quite so agonisingly long, less than seven weeks to go.

But then, after that we have that massive void until April.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Thanks to Mick and Shirl for putting on another great bash. Good to see everyone again and to meet John and Adrian for the first time.
    Too much fun had with too many people to name everyone but Tony, you have got me looking at my Superstar again after firing your little BSA
    See you all in October
    As always, great to see you and all the other lovely Boingerpeeps, Pete.

Glad to have helped re-ignite the interest in your Superstar, sir; the rancid looking one doesn't shoot too bad, does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian c View Post
    Thank you for the open invitation, it was nice to simply play with my toys and meet other people with the same interest
    Quote Originally Posted by jprpatriot View Post
    Great day at the Boinger Bask. This was my first visit but not my last.
    Thanks Mick and all the other guys who were so friendly.
    John
    Glad you enjoyed your first visits, chaps.

You're welcome anytime and it'll be great to see you again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Home safely back in the shire.
    Ta Mick and Shirl for putting up with us all. Sorry I didn't get the mole , should have had the traps in the ground longer ��
    Particular thanks to the cult, for completely field stripping my taunus with cloggers help ��
    Great to be back with the gang and some new faces.
    Didn't seem to take you too long to get home then, Jamie.

As always, brill to see you all. And I managed a few minutes' cuddles with Ginny and Fallow before you left.
    Last edited by TonyL; 09-09-2019 at 05:57 AM.

Yep, as always, what a wonderful, wonderful weekend at this most lovely of venues, surrounded by the best people on the planet. As ever, a huge array of beautiful toys to oggle over and try.

Stunning weather made it even better, with the Sunday being even warmer. It was still gloriously warm when I left at around 05.45pm.

The "Chill Out Sunday" was indeed just that and our Little Fiield of Joy takes on a new, even more laid back feel.

Thank you for the plinks with your new Impact, Mark. Lovely. That Cometa 400 was certainly singing away a most pleasant tune and the GRT trigger on the Gamo a revelation.

And onto Graeme's awesome collection......wow! That 35 Export was truly beautiful, sir. Thank you for the play. I really did not want to hand that back. Are you sure it'll fit in the car okay?

And that gobsmackingly AWESOME Falke (80?)! Stunned! What was it, mid 1950s? Beautifully engineered Airsporter style underlever with some lovely detailing and engineering touches. And most beautiful trigger. A most fantastic and rare rifle. Very well done.

That little 300S Junior was pleasingly lovely, too. Chris (Baldinio), if you're looking in, the shorter sidelever is explained by the Junior designation and smaller overall proportions.

Big thanks to Mick and Shirl for yet again tirelessly working away to make it all possible and for creating such a unique and enjoyable event for us rabble to enjoy.

And thank you to all you lovely people for coming along, immersing yourselves in the Quigley Hollow Experience, and sharing your many beautiful toys and experiences!

Onto Halloween!

Is it here yet?

BOING!

Anothere Great day out..

Excellent to chat, make new friend, spend forever and 1/2 tin of pellets to ring the bucket - got lucky a few times.

Had a Burger with Black pud - new one on me but I like it!

Thanks to all concerned for making it a great event!
    If it has a trigger, I'm gonna enjoy it!

Thanks

To hosts for allowing my 6 day visit
    To Jonny for cameraderie and hospitality
    To attendees new and old for making the event and my stay special
    Regards to all

Quote Originally Posted by john79 View Post
    Thoroughly enjoyed my first Bash today ,great to meet afew of you guys and put names to faces , had to leave early as I had this overwhelming urge to spend some money on the bargains that where on sale there thank's to the guys that let me have a play with there tuned rifles great food ,Company will be back for the next meet

John.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian c View Post
    Thank you for the open invitation, it was nice to simply play with my toys and meet other people with the same interest

Quote Originally Posted by jprpatriot View Post
    Great day at the Boinger Bask. This was my first visit but not my last.
    Thanks Mick and all the other guys who were so friendly.
    John

So good to meet you and the other first timers, and I'm glad you all enjoyed yourselves.

There's no need to thank us as it's a pleasure to have you all visit us (even Transporter, )

All the best Mick and Shirl

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    So good to meet you and the other first timers, and I'm glad you all enjoyed yourselves.

There's no need to thank us as it's a pleasure to have you all visit us (even Transporter, )

All the best Mick and Shirl
    bitch
    Last edited by transporter; 09-09-2019 at 04:10 PM.

Great couple of day's, didn't get as much shooting in as i'd have liked but did introduce my young lad to the sport who thoroughly enjoyed himself, hit some good targets and is now pestering me to get him a rifle he can use without me having to cock it,

A few of things learned,
    1 - I absolutely need a better scope,
    2 - I MUST get a better sleeping bag, beautiful clear days were paid for with a very cold Saturday night, so much so I had to delay sleeping and drink ale by the bonfire to keep warm
    3 - Don't pick up interesting pistols on the sales table, They'll end up coming home actually really enjoyed a pre-breakfast sighting in session with it on the bell target Sunday morning as the sun warmed up,
    4 - Don't buy said interesting pistol with son present unless factoring in the extra tenner required to stop him telling the missus how much it was

My 2nd bash and first over night, great couple of days and can't wait to return, the lad will be with me, I suspect using his own rifle.

Cheers All
    Nige
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    Excellent to chat, make new friend, spend forever and 1/2 tin of pellets to ring the bucket - got lucky a few times.

Had a Burger with Black pud - new one on me but I like it!

Thanks to all concerned for making it a great event!
    And great to see you again, sir.

And brilliant to hear that you've well and truly bitten the bug and adding more to the collection.