Page 9 of 59 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: 7th/8th September 2019 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Sleepometer says

73 to go, peeps.

BOING!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

And then this morning, looking at the accuracy report of the FX Dreamline on Tom's Pyramyd Air Blog report, we have a recoilless PCP, costing many times that of the Gamo and fitted with a high mag scope. Same 25 yards. And a few of the FX's widest groups shown were not much smaller than what the Gamo achieved yesterday with a basic non-AO 4x32 Hawke Sport scope, that creepy trigger and a muppet squeezing the trigger. At the range I was struggling to get a nice, clear sight picture; reticle sharp but target "fuzzy".

Makes you feel all warm and cuddly with our beloved springers; especially when, at the same range and using various of my HWs and the TX, tiny neat groups can be had (and always with low-mag, budget scopes).

Oh yes, nearly forgot......just recently I'd spotted the black BSA Guns caps at various places on the 'net, ranging from £6.50 to £9.99. They had some on the shelf yesterday, so thought I'd have one. They weren't priced up but I thought you get it there and then and there'll be no postage charge. Went to pay for it.....A fiver; bargain!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

And how are my fair Boingerpeeps doing this evening?

I see Mikey has recently treated himself to a brace of Maks!

Nice one, Mikey Boy. And I didn't even need to get the okay from Rachel for you.

Boingerlies!

72 sleeps to go, peeps.

BOING!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I see Mikey has recently treated himself to a brace of Maks!

Nice one, Mikey Boy. And I didn't even need to get the okay from Rachel for you.
    It was a mad for hunt for a Mak over the last couple of weeks that led to this lol. Everyone seems to be running out of them stating a real difficulty obtaining them for the future. It was something I planned on getting at some point but having heard of the difficulties I got a superb deal on the two resulting in an 80 mile round trip last night. I have one in nickel and one in black one of which I will most likely move on at some point in the future. They are beautiful pistols that's for sure. I wont mention accuracy

Very well done, Mike.

I'm sure Jack is going to live them too.

If they do continue to be difficult to obtain, and bearing in mind the small demands on storage and space, maybe keepers?

Wink Master Blagger Returns!

As is customary, I managed to weadle airguns into a conversation with a customer today.

And it so happens that he has an air pistol. From his vague description it's a break barrel springer. Make unknown.

He had bought it a few years ago to scare off potential burglars. Oh dear!

Anyway, apparently sometimes it goes off when you close the barrel, but until I see it I don't know if that will be down to twiddling or if it's a cheap and nasty specimen with dodgy low grade internals.

He has been thinking of getting rid of it for a while as he's now realised it's not the best idea to be shooting any potential tea leaves with it, so says that next time he calls in he'll chuck it in a plastic bag and give me it!

Very intrigued to see what it is!

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    As is customary, I managed to weadle airguns into a conversation with a customer today.

And it so happens that he has an air pistol. From his vague description it's a break barrel springer. Make unknown.

He had bought it a few years ago to scare off potential burglars. Oh dear!

Anyway, apparently sometimes it goes off when you close the barrel, but until I see it I don't know if that will be down to twiddling or if it's a cheap and nasty specimen with dodgy low grade internals.

He has been thinking of getting rid of it for a while as he's now realised it's not the best idea to be shooting any potential tea leaves with it, so says that next time he calls in he'll chuck it in a plastic bag and give me it!

Very intrigued to see what it is!
    Hatsan Mod25 ? Ruger MK1 ? Or maybe a Baikal ? Intrigued as to what it might be
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

I suppose half the fun's guessing what it might be, Pauly.

You kinda think if you're mega lucky it might turn out to be an older Original / Diana.Or a BSA Scorpion. Not sure if he bought it new or used as, with it being a freebie it'd have seemed rude to probe, but knowing its age would help narrow it down. Guessing it's more likely something like the Baikal (is it the IZH53?) - always half fancied one, to be honest, maybe the Hatsan, maybe one of the SMK ones?

We'll see........

Any more news on the golf course, er, sorry, house purchase, Pauly?

71 sleepies to go, peeps.

BOING!

I suppose half the fun's guessing what it might be, Pauly.

You kinda think if you're mega lucky it might turn out to be an older Original / Diana.Or a BSA Scorpion. Not sure if he bought it new or used as, with it being a freebie it'd have seemed rude to probe, but knowing its age would help narrow it down. Guessing it's more likely something like the Baikal (is it the IZH53?) - always half fancied one, to be honest, maybe the Hatsan, maybe one of the SMK ones?

We'll see........

Any more news on the golf course, er, sorry, house purchase, Pauly?

Definitely intriguing there Tone. Fingers crossed for a classic!!!! I was hoping to check out some classics at the Kempton fair on Sunday but I fear I'm not going to make it due home/garden projects being a little more involved than expected. Also need to save some tokens as the amazing war and peace show is rapidly approaching

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    Definitely intriguing there Tone. Fingers crossed for a classic!!!! I was hoping to check out some classics at the Kempton fair on Sunday but I fear I'm not going to make it due home/garden projects being a little more involved than expected. Also need to save some tokens as the amazing war and peace show is rapidly approaching
    I know where you're coming from, Mikey. Sometimes we seem to manage to get a fair run of purchases in (although my last sort of multiple spree was a fair few years ago now) and you've certainly had a good run of luck of late. So, sometimes putting the anchors on a little bit is fair and right and build the token piggy bank up.

Kempton.....would love to get there, one day. The distance is a bit of an issue, especially when the gun-hating Mrs would be sure to moan about not spending enough time with family etc and me working Saturdays anyway. And there would be so many lovely temptresses vying for my attention, for sure. Working at the Squires Cafe in Sherburn in Elmet tomorrow, when the BMW Roadshow comes to town. Going to be a long day in the sizzling hot sun and then home for MotoGP qualifying and feet up for the race on Sunday.

Just ten weeks to go now until we're at The Hollow again.

Any of you fine peeps got any boingery action lined up for the weekend?

So your sat in a bar on Rhodes and Les allam walks in with his lovely wife!!!!!😲
    It truly is a small world.
    The power of the bash hey Tony? 😂