Thread: Another legality question

Another legality question

This is a question I’d rather ask here first.

I recently bought a secondhand BAR imported and modded Edgun Leshiy (Huma reg locked off and anti tamper fitted to the power adjuster). Fantastic little thing and had at a good price with some toys with it.

On chrono-ing it, it was too hot for me at 11.8. My initial thought was worry as it would be non adjustable, I’d need a .177 barrel to bring it down to 10-10.5 fpe.

However, the adjuster anti tamper has either not been fitted or has been removed. The thing is minty with no scratches from any attempts so I assume the AT wasn’t fitted.

The serial number is correct for the box and paperwork and this is marked BAR Huma regged and UK sub 12 fpe.

I have set the power to 11 fpe and blanked the adjuster hole but frankly all that is required is a swiss army knife and a 6 mm allen key to adjust it again.

Question.

Given almost all rifles can be adjusted somehow, how would the law see this possible adjustability?

Needless to say I would not be carrying a 6mm allen key in the field BUT I have lots at home, where I store my rifles. However, from sad experience, I know the authorities will fiddle and tweak to get any adjustability to the maximum.

Thanks for any clarity you can give.
    Last edited by Phil B; 16-06-2019 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Extra info/clarity
    NON SUFFICIT ORBIS

AT is not law, if you need a tool to adjust and it's below the limit when tested then its legal right?
    Purbeck Field Target Club.

Relax and enjoy it
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Quote Originally Posted by tmstech View Post
    AT is not law, if you need a tool to adjust and it's below the limit when tested then its legal right?
    Is it that simple?
    NON SUFFICIT ORBIS

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B View Post
    Is it that simple?

In a nutshell, yes.

And before this turns into another pointless AT debate I'll close this thread off.