Thread: 22 hornet

22 hornet

Having only very recently got myself sorted and set up for loading (hornet and 22 250 initially) I have noticed that the 'universal' reloading supplies appear to be a compromise.

Clearly a manufacturer selling ranges of blocks, funnels etc specifically for every single calibre is a bit of a fools errand however I used this as motivation to finally buy a 3d printer.

The net result is I now own a perfect fitting powder funnel for the hornet and will be modifying the pattern I have for this to suit the 250 as well as a lot of other bits and pieces that can be made 'perfect' as I get better at drawing things in cad.

Admittedly this funnel wasn't my design but it was there to use and according to the author is a revision of the 204 ruger specific funnel he made for himself.

https://ibb.co/BBrZ5Jt

I'm pretty damn chuffed with it!

(and the loading blocks and primer flip trays I printed are also spot on!)
    Last edited by jax13; 16-06-2019 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jax13 View Post
    Having only very recently got myself sorted and set up for loading (hornet and 22 250 initially) I have noticed that the 'universal' reloading supplies appear to be a compromise.

Clearly a manufacturer selling ranges of blocks, funnels etc specifically for every single calibre is a bit of a fools errand however I used this as motivation to finally buy a 3d printer.

The net result is I now own a perfect fitting powder funnel for the hornet and will be modifying the pattern I have for this to suit the 250 as well as a lot of other bits and pieces that can be made 'perfect' as I get better at drawing things in cad.

Admittedly this funnel wasn't my design but it was there to use and according to the author is a revision of the 204 ruger specific funnel he made for himself.

https://ibb.co/BBrZ5Jt

I'm pretty damn chuffed with it!

(and the loading blocks and primer flip trays I printed are also spot on!)
    Where do you fit the drop tube?

Looks very neat, if I didn’t use a drop tube I’d be asking you to make one
    Thanks for looking

That's mint mate I no what you mean with a proper fitting funnel ---what sort of price could you do one for? thanks

I used to use a .17cal RCBS funnel drilled out a bit to be a better fit on the hornet case, but not drilled all the way through.

I'd be quite happy to fire them out for about £7.50 including postage.

I'd need to grab some bubble wrap for posting them out and run a few off through the week but if people want to try them out I'm more than happy to help.

I'll torture test one and see how it fairs.

If anyone wants one for a 204 as well then I can grab that file and run a few off.

Pm me if you want one gents and we can take it from there.

The 223 calibre specific loading trays I found are also really good (just not hornet specific YET!)

I'd need to grab some bubble wrap for posting them out and run a few off through the week but if people want to try them out I'm more than happy to help.

If anyone wants one for a 204 as well then I can grab that file and run a few off.

The 223 calibre specific loading trays I found are also really good (just not hornet specific YET!)
    How about one for a .17 hornet jax ?
    Atb j

Quote Originally Posted by negotiator View Post
    How about one for a .17 hornet jax ?
    Atb j
    Potentially... When I get my laptop screen fixed and can use the cad program again!

Genuinely could you do one with a drop tube? Would be identical but with the bottom extending 12”

Would be interested in a tray for sure
    Thanks for looking