Thread: Benjamin Sheridan E9A .20, help please

Benjamin Sheridan E9A .20, help please

I have recently acquired a cosmetically good E9A pistol, 897704144 with wood grips from auction. Buyer beware applies as it leaks, but I suspect it is fixable. I have not worked on one before and searches have not produced much in the way of strip guides. I loaded a capsule, tightened it up, pulled trigger and all CO2 dumped through the bulb housing so I guess the first job will be renewing the bulb seal.
    Does anyone have any tips or a link to a strip guide? I have read about cartridge valves and other valve types but do not know what I have.
    All help appreciated.
    Cheers, Phil

co2 cart seal is fairly easy for the cartridge valve
    open bolt slacken rear grip screw and remove front screw and slide trigger frame back till rear cap is clear-watch out for safety ball and spring when you take of trigger frame
    remove hammer and spring and valve can be pushed out from the rear
    you need to grip valve body and remove front seal retainer so you can swap co2 seal-I'd replace all o rings on the valve
    if you needs seals I sell an o ring set that incs a co2 seal

Thanks for the swift replies ... I will give it a go ...
    Cheers, Phil

Hi Ped
    Tried to send you a PM re seal set for the 0.2 pistol but your mailbox is full.
    Text was:

Thanks for the tips on stripping the valve out. Luckily I have a cartridge valve. funny though ... there was no safety spring nor ball. Looking more closely my conclusion is that the grips are 'after market' as the corners of the grips obscure at least half of the trigger pivot pin. Removing a grip panel shows where the safety could/should be but no evidence of one. Maybe someone fitted these grips but had to remove the safety?
    The bulb seal was fragile and fell apart.

Cheers, Phil

cleared my inbox Phil
    the co2 seal is the same as a crosman 22xx one

just try a bit of pellgun oil may seal it