Thread: cost affective target pistol?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

cost affective target pistol?

Hi,

I am actively trying to sell my new Steyr Evo 10 right now, but will need to replace it with a much less expensive target alternative.

I no longer shot pistol at a serious pistol club, my 'day to day' club covers all aspects of shooting and I am (and have always been) mainly 22LR at this club. The Steyr is now only being used in the postal comp our club is a part of. This is a total waste of such a high end pistol and especially as all I do is shoot the cards to get them out of the way to get back on the 50m range!!

I still want to shoot 10m target pistol after the Evo 10 has gone, but want to do it with a MUCH cheaper gun more suited to just getting cards shot accurately rather than aiming at the very top level.

I once had a Gamo Compact and my memory of it was that it was very accurate and perfectly fine and comfortable to use. I also seem to remember the trigger was a perfectly nice two stage unit that worked well, but is my memory correct ???????

Is there anything out there that will fill in cheaply to replace my Evo 10 in an SSP format? If no, What is the cheapest PCP pistol that will do the job well enough?

Thanks.

I've got a Gamo compact & I'm very happy with it, nice trigger & the pistol is more accurate than me.

I like the Compact but found a FAS 604 much better. Probably double the price though.

Hw40 cheap enough & very accurate

I'll chip in with my comments, I have an Izzy46M and love it....cheap SSP and built like a tank, well it is Russian!

Quote Originally Posted by AC all day View Post
    I'll chip in with my comments, I have an Izzy46M and love it....cheap SSP and built like a tank, well it is Russian!
    Wish I could find one for sale !

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    My backup to my Morini is a Tau 7...and due to my lack of talent I don't feel under-gunned.

Quote Originally Posted by AC all day View Post

The 46M is a great pistol. Prices have escalated on 2nd hand example but they're still very capable and represent good value, of all the SSP's out there I'd still take one over any of the others, I sold my FAS and FWB100 before letting my 46m go.
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more