Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cost affective target pistol?

Cost affective target pistol

I prefer and love my Gamo Compact with quite a bit of tinkering with the stock handles she now feels comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by PhatMan View Post
    MrChipShoulder,

As the other posters have said, the most 'bang for buck' will be a classic recoil-less 'springer' pistol from the 70s/80s/90s - I would suggest FWB 65, 80, & 90 as the best bet. They shoot superbly, and spares are readily available.

Russ
    Speak of the devil

Theres a '65 appeared in the Sales section on here.

HTH
    Ian

p.s. I have NOTHING to do with the sale.
    pps - Ive just seen 'collection only'.
    Last edited by I. J.; 18-06-2019 at 08:46 AM.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Hummmmm?

I been reading that velocity needs to at least 400fps to cut a clean hole in paper for scoring. My Evo-10 is way above that and cuts a perfect hole every time, I'd never given it any thought!

I'm starting to think that although the Evo is over kill for what I'm doing with it, I've got, it's bought and paid for, I may as well keep it?

It seems that if I replace it with anything lower, I'll be struggling with power, recoil, seals or trigger parts? Velocity and cutting clean holes could well be my biggest problem if I down grade?

Mr ChipS. Just before you make the final decision I could be persuaded to swap my Gamo Compact for your Evo 10 if that’s any help? I must point out however that it doesn't cut a clean hole but that could be the target material rather than the pistol.

Off I now go to remove tongue 👅 firmly embedded in cheek.

I know it sounds mad on my part, but the Evo is worth £1200 and I'm not getting proper use out of it.
    I was hoping to cash it in and get something a little more 'in keeping' with how I now shoot pistol, and bank the spare cash.
    Seems like I'm better off just keeping it and sell off some of my clutter I'm not using that much.

My daughter uses a Brocock pistol, while it feels horrid in the hand to shoot, it is actually very accurate and I'm shooting much the same with that!

Maybe I could find a nice fitting HW PCP pistol ??

If I was you I’d keep it for sure. It isn’t going to lose much value in the next five years.

Quote Originally Posted by AC all day View Post
    I'll chip in with my comments, I have an Izzy46M and love it....cheap SSP and built like a tank, well it is Russian!

The 46M is a great pistol. Prices have escalated on 2nd hand example but they're still very capable and represent good value, of all the SSP's out there I'd still take one over any of the others, I sold my FAS and FWB100 before letting my 46m go.
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Good decision

Good decision Rob, its simple logic, you get what you pay for!

Have Fun
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Why not an older Steyr?
    A descent LP1 will cost you less than half the value of the Evo...
    And I doubt you would notice a massive change.. ��

And.... I reckon they have pretty much stopped depreciating so your money will be there forever!
    Last edited by Headshotmike!; 19-06-2019 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Adding text

If you like the pistol keep it , why settle for second best and have the hassle of replacing it .

Quote Originally Posted by crowbar View Post
    If you like the pistol keep it , why settle for second best and have the hassle of replacing it .
    'What he said'
    She's staying

Thanks guys.

+1 for the Tau 7. Its not SSP nor PCP but imo best value for money.
    Theyre awesome shooters.
    Allthough they almost never are the Match version. Almost always the Standard. The Sport and certainly the Match (or Silhouet) are very rare.
    ATB,
    yana

Have seen several good things said about the Tau7 Match - are they still available new?

Yes I believe they are. But in 'reduced'trim. No longer laminate stock.
    But the uk has a Tau importer so you can buy directly from factory and youll pay big bucks for it.
    A sec hand Standard from egun or whatever is way better value for money
    That said, youll probably be disappointed with everything less than yr Ev10.
    Yr used to topgrade now. You shouldve started at the bottom
    Id keep the EV10. Yes you may not be using it as it should but neither is 90% of us. We're just not as good as the pistol
    Its human really. I pass big fast cars on the wrong lane regularly. They háve a car with lots of horsepower and still they're not driving it like they should
    ATB,
    yana