Quote Originally Posted by Soda51 View Post
Hi I originally posted this on the introductions section, but on the advice of TonyL (cheers Tony) It would probably get more hits here

"Hi everyone

Been a member for a while but haven't posted much so thought I'd say hello and introduce myself. Be interested in hearing peoples early air gunning memories (indulge me with tales I'm off work and going stir crazy!!)

It started for me when I was around 6 watching my dad shoot his Diana g36 in the back garden and I was absolutely fascinated. I got a meteor for my 14th after using the Diana and a gamo falcon airpistol every single weekend, unfortunately the meteor had an ox spring shoved in and was awful to shoot, luckily I had access to various BSA's and webleys but they where always borrowed off mates and friends of my dads. Got my marksmans badge in scouts using a tuned mercury which was apparently pushing 16ftlbs, was a superb rifle. I lusted after pcps and hw80/77's in the magazines, but could never afford! Currently own an air arms s400 which is my go to hunter and I'm messing around with a hammerli blackforce which I have a welsh willy kit on the way for. Apologies for the rambling, its the pain meds"

Happy Shooting

Dan
Hi Dan

My first rifle was a Webley Junior, I accidentally shot my dad in the bum one morning whilst he was raking ashes to make a fire!!

Never did see the wee gun again after that, saw plenty of stars though when he gave me a good hiding!

Welcome to the forum

By the way, I wasn't allowed guns after that so when I left home upon getting hitched, I started a small collection, Have around a hundred and fifty guns now!

John