Thread: Feinwerkbau sport

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Fwb

I was reunited with my old Mastersport FWB in April. Seal had gone so VMach fitted a new one and a steel piston liner. Still can't get over how good that old FWB shoots. Goes too show how good they are. Mach 1.5

My mate reckons they were one of the best springers ever!

Fwb

Best springers ever? Hmmm time to start I new thread? They are good but do have their problems. Mach 1.5

I'm sure I've read the Diana 280 has the same bore and stroke as the Fwb sport and I've shot a well fettled one and it was okay but not well sorted 95 nice.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyw1987 View Post
    I'm sure I've read the Diana 280 has the same bore and stroke as the Fwb sport and I've shot a well fettled one and it was okay but not well sorted 95 nice.
    maybe, but it has a crap transfer port arrangement...

Please don't mention FWB and Diana in the same sentence; it's disrespectful, and worse, Barry might start a "which is best" thread
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post

Please don't mention FWB and Diana in the same sentence; it's disrespectful, and worse, Barry might start a "which is best" thread
    Yes sorry about that I will wash my mouth out I don't no what came over me.

And #barry it's a Diana sidelever

Fwb 124 on guntrader

£600 as new less than a tin of pellets, the man's on drugs

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post

No need to start a which is best thread the evidence speaks for itself

Just look at the ball lockup, the Diana has a twin spring behind the ball giving a solid lockup also Diana has a sleeve around the hing bolt, the FWB don't have a modular trigger and what about that safety catch its even worse than the 45's safety

As for the much harder to engineer angled transfer port just think how successful it is, all the Diana break barrels have it from the old original 45 to the latest 28 ft/lb N-tec for some reason it works, look at SFS 34 tune same TP I hardly call that crap, perhaps you might though lol.

The old FWB sport was OK for its time but the original 45 had more power, a excellent lockup and a modular trigger, I do prefer the FWB stock the only thing back then the break barrels had short for-ends giving them that pellet gun look, still the FWB's are nice for collectors.

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    No need to start a which is best thread the evidence speaks for itself

Just look at the ball lockup, the Diana has a twin spring behind the ball giving a solid lockup also Diana has a sleeve around the hing bolt, the FWB don't have a modular trigger and what about that safety catch its even worse than the 45's safety

As for the much harder to engineer angled transfer port just think how successful it is, all the Diana break barrels have it from the old original 45 to the latest 28 ft/lb N-tec for some reason it works, look at SFS 34 tune same TP I hardly call that crap, perhaps you might though lol.

The old FWB sport was OK for its time but the original 45 had more power, a excellent lockup and a modular trigger, I do prefer the FWB stock the only thing back then the break barrels had short for-ends giving them that pellet gun look, still the FWB's are nice for collectors.
    Ha Ha that's Funny