Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Feinwerkbau sport

Feinwerkbau sport

Anyone got one for sale. And what are they like to shoot? Never see any for sale. Thanks Keith.

I'm guessing that you're referring to the latest version, the "Mark IV", Keith.

As I understand, not officially imported over here and people have had to buy 7.5 joules ones from Germany and then have them tweaked.

I have been extremely fortunate to have tried three of them. One of them belongs to Richard Welham (ex Airmasters fame), one which belonged to the FWB importers and which WonkyDonky fettled and brought to a Boinger Bash and one belonging to Mach 1.5, tuned by Steve Pope.

All were lovely to shoot and had that real "air of quality"

They feel a little more "thumpy" to shoot than some guns with narrower bores and lighter pistons, but all felt very smooth and the triggers far nicer than the "classic Mark I, II and III. Comments from all who have worked on them were all very complimentary regarding precision and fit of components and quality of finish etc.

I'd definitely have one given the opportunity.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

I've only had the Mk 1 and 2 versions of them, have a Mk 1 currently in .22

The Mk 3 always looked like something out of Star Wars
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

A good mate of mine has one. As was telling me how good they were. Unfortunately never tried one or even saw one. He reckons they were the best guns in the 80,s. Might keep a eye out for one. He says his gun which is mint is 38 years old.

FWB Sport

It's unlikely you'll see a MK4 for sale second hand as there is so few of them in the UK. Mach 1.5

I will ask him if he knows what mk it is. Any way to find out on the rifle?

Quote Originally Posted by the growler View Post
    A good mate of mine has one. As was telling me how good they were. Unfortunately never tried one or even saw one. He reckons they were the best guns in the 80,s. Might keep a eye out for one. He says his gun which is mint is 38 years old.
    Quote Originally Posted by the growler View Post
    I will ask him if he knows what mk it is. Any way to find out on the rifle?
    They certainly were very, very good. And they're highly regarded to this day. Back in the late 70s, this lightweight rifle easily made the power. I seem to remember that it was the first commecially available sporter with a parachute, synthetic seal, whereas most of the competition sported leather piston seals. Barrels and overall accuracy of machining excellent. Triggers were good but no match for the Weihrauch Rekord unit.

The Mark 1 had a plastic trigger. The Mark 2 an alloy one (and, I seem to remember a slightly chunkier stock with a palm swell?). The Mark 3 had a "Dan Dare" muzzle break. Other peeps will be able to chip in with further information, but that should help, hopefully.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Hi. My mate just got back to me. It's a MK2

The MK3 had the palm-swell.
    Popular rifles, loads of fans here and elsewhere. Loads sold and plenty about to buy.

The most recent offering marketably different in looks. Maybe elsewhere too but I don't own one nor held one. Possibly still available. But its expensive for what it is so few, other than enthusiasts of the mark, have imported any for general consumption.

Shot my first Rabbit and Pigeon in the same morning aged 15 in 1980 with a MK1 127, great rifles.

Mk 1 Had the palm swell too my mk 1 has a solid plastic butt pad the mk 2 had a plainer stock I had about ten at one time including a mastersport but now only one

Might ask him how much it is? If it's for sale. It's pristine.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    The MK3 had the palm-swell.
    Popular rifles, loads of fans here and elsewhere .
    Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    Mk 1 Had the palm swell too my mk 1 has a solid plastic butt pad the mk 2 had a plainer stock I had about ten at one time including a mastersport but now only one
    Cheers for that correction, Mr Muskett. I was getting a bit mixed up as I had a Mk II and, like mallyally says, it had a plainer stock. It got damaged and I obtained a secondhand replacement from Venom Arms which had a palm swell and was lighter in colour, too, I seem to remember.

Ten at the one time?

Did you keep the Mastersport or a standard one, sir?

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    reduced my 'sport collection to just one of each cal (both MK2s), and I'm keeping them. I briefly considered selling the 127 as I generally prefer .177, but a quick shot put paid to that stupid idea
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    I briefly considered selling the 127 as I generally prefer .177, but a quick shot put paid to that stupid idea
    Good man
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177