Thread: Bell Target units.

Bell Target units.

Managed to get a few made up. Various designs. All function perfectly. PM me for details. Faceplates still available too. For some reason I can't upload any images. Bummer.

PMd you.
    ATB,
    yana

Obtained more faceplates for Bell target. Grab em while you can.

Quote Originally Posted by sniper-wolf View Post
    Managed to get a few made up. Various designs. All function perfectly. PM me for details. Faceplates still available too. For some reason I can't upload any images. Bummer.

Is there some sort of standard for bell targets? I gather the front face is fairly standard but what about the bell mechanism, is there some sort of "official" bell target. The odd old one's I've seen have had quite a sophisticated spring loaded mechanism that needs to be reset by hand.

Having a spring trigger obviously eliminates the split pellet problem of giving a "maybe" ring, it's either a yes or no - just wondering if there's any standard as to how much energy would be required to trigger the bell?

Quote Originally Posted by 1066 View Post
    Is there some sort of standard for bell targets? I gather the front face is fairly standard but what about the bell mechanism, is there some sort of "official" bell target. The odd old one's I've seen have had quite a sophisticated spring loaded mechanism that needs to be reset by hand.

Having a spring trigger obviously eliminates the split pellet problem of giving a "maybe" ring, it's either a yes or no - just wondering if there's any standard as to how much energy would be required to trigger the bell?
    The old one are really complicated to reproduce. That's why I have created a simple paddle and strike mechanism. The paddle covers the back of the hole in the faceplate at a certain distance from the hole, then the paddle strikes the bell which is also set at a certain distance from the bell. They have been tested at our club and work perfectly for practice. A simple but effective design.

Quote Originally Posted by sniper-wolf View Post
    Obtained more faceplates for Bell target. Grab em while you can.
    PM sent.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

PMd you!

Hi,

PMd you, hopefully you have it in your inbox.