Now recently I have slowed down on collecting old BSA/Lincoln Jeffries air rifles. In fact I have sold most of my collection (circumstances forced me to) and at one point I am sure I had over 10 of these rifles (might seem like a small collection to some but with my limited space, it seems a lot!). And I only have my Grandfathers CS prefix, a double seared standard model and a fourth batch BSA left in my collection. And I was not planning on getting anymore (sort of moved onto obsolete calibre guns anyhow) but when I saw this rifle I just could not pass up the chance to buy it.

So I have bought a rather rough looking (bit of an understatement) 2nd batch BSA rifle. Found it on the internet at a incredibly low price of £50! I did not even try to haggle (I have seen people try to sell ones in similar(ish) condition for over £100). So I bought it and add an extra £15 for shipping I have very old and worn looking BSA!

Right ok, ill admit, I might have gotten a wee bit excited when I bought the thing, since it does indeed need a lot of TLC. Covered in rust, cocking arm seems to be stuck, though the seller did say it is in working condition. And I sort of believe him since these things are bullet proof. Cocking arm looks to have a rather odd hole in the middle of it, the screw that holds the cocking arm to the cocking linkage has seen better days, hopefully I can get it out, I do have a spare cocking arm if needed but I think I can do something with it. Front and rear sight look like replacements, again I have plenty of them spare. Looks like someone has done something to the top of the cylinder. There is remnants of something there (see photos below). Stock has a few bumps and nicks and is loose but not too big a deal.

And it is missing some screws ect but I have plenty spares somewhere....

Not bad for £50 I think, worth more in parts to be honest. So even though I said I would not buy anymore, here I am, I plan on restoring the rifle to the best of my ability. Though any input would be nice. Especially about those sights since they looking like they have been there a long time.

Anyway here are some photos I just took of the rifle:

https://imgur.com/gallery/LCQciho

Wish me luck!