Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brocock Air Cartridge Revolvers

I was a member of "The Gunshop"(Chatham) club we had one of the biggest collection of aircartridge shooters with a large percentage of custom pieces, most had trigger jobs done and either Hogues or Pacmyers fitted, caliber changes and scopes were also popular. We had club chargers with either single stroke wall pumps or a Super Six available. Great fun and Great days....some pistols even had mentions in Airgun World and one had even been a prize in their too.
    As a club we also had a visit from the Silcock brothers, PDS and latterly even Mike Saxby, with his 40mm baton round!

Out of interest what is the middle one of the three a replica of.
    In other words what Colt is it.

Thanks
    BBF
    "The grass is always greener on the other side"

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbaronfish View Post
    Out of interest what is the middle one of the three a replica of.
    In other words what Colt is it.

Thanks
    BBF
    It is an 1851 Colt Navy pattern.
    People who have been there focus on the fundamentals. People who sit at keyboards all day focus on the trivial and inane.

Thanks I have a miniature replica one and wasn’t sure.

BBF
    "The grass is always greener on the other side"

Snap

Quote Originally Posted by AC all day View Post
    I was a member of "The Gunshop"(Chatham) club we had oone of the biggest collection of aircartridge shooters with a large percentage of custom pieces, most had trigger jobs done and either Hogues or Pacmyers fitted, caliber changes and scopes were also popular. We had club chargers with either single stroke wall pumps or a Super Six available. Great fun and Great days....some pistols even had mentions in Airgun World and one had even been a prize in their too.
    As a club we also had a visit from the Silcock brothers, PDS and latterly even Mike Saxby, with his 40mm baton round!
    I was also a member of the “Cellar Club” never quite managed to miss the polo mint charity challenge.
    Had a few interesting weapons culminating with TAC versions of the Uberti Yellowboy and Colt 1871 Open Top in nickel, sadly I sold these off just before they went onto the daft, extra-restrictive FAC.
    Currently looking for a PCP outfit to get back into shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotglove View Post
    I was also a member of the “Cellar Club” never quite managed to miss the polo mint charity challenge.
    Had a few interesting weapons culminating with TAC versions of the Uberti Yellowboy and Colt 1871 Open Top in nickel, sadly I sold these off just before they went onto the daft, extra-restrictive FAC.
    Currently looking for a PCP outfit to get back into shooting.
    You were lucky to have sold them before requiring an FAC, I held on to mine, applied and got my FAC to retain them, they were a bit of a fiddle to keep the tacs up and running then when I had to renew my FAC I was informed that I would have to put metal grills on my front and back doors as they were half glass this I was reluctant to do so I handed them in but, I done the destroying bit as I cut them up making sure I kept the number visible! Such a shame but I’m also aware that there are lots stuffed away in cupboards and drawers!.
    Dave.

urx is offline 2,602.00 GBP −10.00 (0.38%) at the close
    Did you keep any of the spares screws pins springs etc or did you just mash them entire?
    Gun control means using both hands.

Quote Originally Posted by urx View Post
    Did you keep any of the spares screws pins springs etc or did you just mash them entire?
    Yes I kept all parts not required for destruction all mixed in with various spares now!.