Thread: Birmingham Arms & collectors fair.

Birmingham Arms & collectors fair.

Dont forget the Brum collectors fair on 23rd June. Iam taking for perusal among other things a tidy mk2 air sporter lp 53s and loads of other goodies.

Roly.

Will see you there Rolly.

I'm on the hunt for one or two examples of the Baikal Makarov, such as an early 'two tone' plated pistol and a later one with Lever operated CO2 piercing mechanism.

All the best,

John

We are on our way

Had a great day wandering around the fair and stockpiling Makarov ammunition - thanks for a great deal Malcolm.

I saw an interesting BSA that was presented by the company to an air rifle league in 1907 but with no finish and an astronomical asking price, I'm sure it will still be for sale next week at Kempton. One thing that struck me is the sheer number of boxed Webley pistols at the fair. A new collector could have assembled the best part of a collection from the vast number on offer. Nice to see a boxed Crosman 600, a boxed Crosman Mk 1 and thanks to Tim Dyson for showing me a converted Webley Mk 1 that Dr Joe Gilbart featured in Guns Review several decades ago - a real treasure.

Now, with less than a week to go until Kempton, I'm on countdown.

John

I particularly liked the breakfast

From a man who knows!

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    From a man who knows!
    Don’t know much about Fairs, but know a good fry up when I see one

Brum.

Thanks Pete and John for calling by and having a chat.Incidentally John Mil. I did sell the Anshutz 275.4.4. But did not give with it the bag of 4.4 balls you were interested in. I chased after you some time later but you had gone. But a chap came up at the close of show and bought them. Hard luck.
    Roly.

Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Thanks Pete and John for calling by and having a chat.Incidentally John Mil. I did sell the Anshutz 275.4.4. But did not give with it the bag of 4.4 balls you were interested in. I chased after you some time later but you had gone. But a chap came up at the close of show and bought them. Hard luck.
    Roly.
    Hi Roly,

Thanks for thinking of me and glad you did not miss out on a sale. I use 4.4mm copper coated and East German lead ball exclusively in my Haenel bolt actions, so am often after fresh supplies!

Kind regards,

John