Thread: Daystate Pulsar and MTC Connect

Daystate Pulsar and MTC Connect

Well I have made my mind up I just can't get on with the MTC Connect scope so it has to be replaced. I wear specs and as far as I am concerned it's just not easy to use. The problem is the Pulsar looks so good with that scope but if you can't use it looks mean nowt. Can anyone recommend another scope that would look the part on this particular gun?

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Big scopes don't look as good on Pulsars, I've currently got a 6-24 Airmax on my laminate one but was going to take that off to put on a springer and put an Aztec emerald 5.5-25 on it as I think the Hawke may be better at dealing wit the recoil?

Here are a few pics of a few other scope/Pulsar combos I've tried - the Big Nikko was just too much

James

Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan G View Post
    Well I have made my mind up I just can't get on with the MTC Connect scope so it has to be replaced. I wear specs and as far as I am concerned it's just not easy to use. The problem is the Pulsar looks so good with that scope but if you can't use it looks mean nowt. Can anyone recommend another scope that would look the part on this particular gun?
    I have a small Simmons White Tail Classic on my Oro at the moment and must say it does the job very well.
    I started with MTC Connect but like you i could not get on with it.

I highly recommend the Hawke Airmax 2-7×32 AO AMX. Shame the aim points are not a little closer to give better hold over increment. But cracking glass and stops the pulsar becoming top heavy.
    Too Many Guns?

wellhouse0 Guest

mac viper

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan G View Post
    really easy and cheap to sort out.

Most people who wear glasses struggle to get the reticle in focus on the connect without wearing glasses,

The diopter adjustment is only +/-2 on the connect. All you need to do is go to an optician and get a 35mm round lens in your prescription. (costs about £10). You then put that lens into the rubber twist out section on the diopter (you don't need to take anything off) i then use rubber 'o' rings 31mm x 3mm cross section to pad out the gap between your prescription lens and the inside of the rubber diopter 'cup'. Literally the whole job takes a minute and you get the benefit of the full +/- 2 diopter adjustment - making the reticle pin sharp. You then have a perfect scope fully retrofittable to standard - no glasses needed!

(the lens just squeezes in the end of the rubber lip and is held in by the 'o' rings - or 2 little bits of blue tack if you don't want to get the 'o' rings - few quid on the 'bay'
    https://imgur.com/1cDELhi
    Last edited by wellhouse0; 23-06-2019 at 07:15 PM.

I don't find the Pulsar easy to scope.

As its a posh gun I tried Viper and Airmax scopes.
    Both work well but not comfortable and heavy.

Don't like the Connect.

As the WhiteTail works I might put a smaller scope on and work up.

I have the little Whitetail but I am reluctant to take it off my .20 77 as
    it works so well.

Quote Originally Posted by wellhouse0 View Post

Most people who wear glasses struggle to get the reticle in focus on the connect without wearing glasses,

The diopter adjustment is only +/-2 on the connect. All you need to do is go to an optician and get a 35mm round lens in your prescription. (costs about £10). You then put that lens into the rubber twist out section on the diopter (you don't need to take anything off) i then use rubber 'o' rings 31mm x 3mm cross section to pad out the gap between your prescription lens and the inside of the rubber diopter 'cup'. Literally the whole job takes a minute and you get the benefit of the full +/- 2 diopter adjustment - making the reticle pin sharp. You then have a perfect scope fully retrofittable to standard - no glasses needed!

(the lens just squeezes in the end of the rubber lip and is held in by the 'o' rings - or 2 little bits of blue tack if you don't want to get the 'o' rings - few quid on the 'bay'
    Excellent idea - thanks.

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by wellhouse0 View Post

Brilliant idea but would have to put my specs on to load pellets. Trifocals is my problem

Thanks for all suggestions. Small scopes are clearly the way to go. I have a Nikko Stirling 1.25-5x20 so will give that a go tomorrow but fear it may not be powerful enough. Will let you know.

Have you had a bash with the new airmax compact yet could be an ideal solution ?