Thread: hunting 5 fill problem

hunting 5 fill problem

bought a sa version second hand last week from b a r, brilliant gun must say,,but came to fill it yesterday and the fill probe that came with it does not fit.its like me too bloody fat,looks like one for a webley or r10 flat at the top where as the fill port looks tapered can only presume its the wrong one and b a r closed till midweek
    whale oil beef hooked

sounds like the wrong one, the plastic plug is flat bottom but a also a fair bit shorter than the probe.
    The Steyr probe has quite a narrow taper to the end.

You can remove the cylinder and fill directly too if you fill from bottle. It should have come with a DIN coupling to screw the air cylinder onto the bottle to fill.

My Challenge HFT accepts the HW100 fill probe and they are easy to source.
    I don't know for certain if the is the case for the H5 as well but I would be surprised if they tooled up for a different probe.

hth.

n.
    TTFN
    N.
    "The only difference between Men and Boys is the price they pay for their Toys."

Quote Originally Posted by Solvo View Post
    sounds like the wrong one, the plastic plug is flat bottom but a also a fair bit shorter than the probe.
    The Steyr probe has quite a narrow taper to the end.

You can remove the cylinder and fill directly too if you fill from bottle. It should have come with a DIN coupling to screw the air cylinder onto the bottle to fill.
    that was my next question can you unscrew the cylinder and fill from bottle while still charged??
    whale oil beef hooked

Quote Originally Posted by sparkeyman View Post
    that was my next question can you unscrew the cylinder and fill from bottle while still charged??
    yes, there's a valve in it so you won't lose the air.

thanks rob
    whale oil beef hooked

Quote Originally Posted by sparkeyman View Post
    Yes, it's designed so you can swap them out. Remove the dust plug before trying to unscrew it though.
    I tend to remove mine while working on the rifle and of course you have to remove it to get the stock off.

Did you manage to sort a probe in the end ? I'll be at bar over the next few days could grab you one and post it out if you needed ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilvfr400boy View Post
    Did you manage to sort a probe in the end ? I'll be at bar over the next few days could grab you one and post it out if you needed ?
    will ring them tomorrow
    whale oil beef hooked

well rung b a r 32 times today wed 26 th no bloody reply just get message we are busy...so am bleeding i
    Last edited by sparkeyman; 26-06-2019 at 11:33 AM.
    whale oil beef hooked