Thread: Parts for hft targets, spring

Parts for hft targets, spring

Anyone know where I can order the coil spring from which produces the loading on hft targets.

Unless it has to be a specific weighting/torsion the bay is a good place to start, if you have a local agricultural dealer they probably sell springs along with any other hardware you can think of, a chandlers would also be worth a look.

If you know the approx dimensions try here.

http://www.entexstocksprings.co.uk/i...ath=35&unit=mm

You can get 2' lengths in varying diameters.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Unless it has to be a specific weighting/torsion the bay is a good place to start, if you have a local agricultural dealer they probably sell springs along with any other hardware you can think of, a chandlers would also be worth a look.
    Unfortunately, being an Agricultural engineer and welding Narrow Boats for a living, I can't think of a single application in my world where those springs are used apart from rat traps. :-

Interestingly, I had a look at all my knockdown targets yesterday (brand new Gamos) and only one has the reset Spring --- so are they really necessary to operate ?

Edit :- the springs you need are called torsion springs.

All the best Mick
    Last edited by T 20; 25-06-2019 at 10:07 AM.

You can get assortment boxes of various springs but maybe none will be the size you want. As above, if you know the size you want search t'bay and I am sure you will find what you need. Or a good tool shop may have a selection of single springs for you to buy.
    Cheers, Phil