Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Diana 240 as a HW30 alternative

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Corrected for you Tone.

I wonder how a German spec' 280 shoots - Sportswaffen maybe?

https://www.versandhaus-schneider.de...ducts_id/39912

The 250 seems to be a restocked 240
    Thank you, Marky.

The eye op went well than, I gather?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Thank you, Marky.

The eye op went well than, I gather?

It didn't f*****g go at all Tone, but that's another story. But here's something to ponder:

If a one eyed bloke closes his eye, is he blinking or winking?

If a one eyed bloke closes his eye, is he blinking or winking?
    Most likely bumping into stuff, Mark.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

It didn't f*****g go at all Tone, but that's another story.
    I hope you're okay and they get you sorted soon, Mark.

Smile 24d

Well, I'd been saying for ages that I ought to get the tiddler out, as it must be at least three years (and, most likely a good deal longer) since I last used it. Bought it from the shop at Lincoln around five years ago for £69.

Well, one thing I'd forgotten is that it's actually a 24D T01 Firebird. Guessing the Firebird naming makes no difference to specification?

Anyway, one thing that I'd remembered correctly was how sweet a shooting little thing it is. Had a very enjoyable couple of hours informal target shooting, mainly at ten yards printing nice, neat little groups. I then moved to about seven yards shooting little black circles around 8mm diameter, so as to replicate the bell target kill zone somewhat. Most shots inside and most definitely aided by that sweet breaking T01 trigger. Like the Rekords on my HWs and the CD on the TX, it's lovely when you don't have to give the trigger a moment's thought......unlike my session earlier in the week with a Gamo Vipermax and the "will it or won't it?" long, long creepy action!

Loving the little 24. Although it cocks and shoots very smoothly, looking through the stock into the cocking slot, things appear very dry in there, so I think it will be deserving of a clean and re-lube soon, once I've got on top of other long term projects.

And aren't our beloved springers so lovely? Put them away, don't use them for years, pull them out and they're good to go. No messing, just straight back into pure, simple, open-sighted fun and therapy.

Well, I'd been saying for ages that I ought to get the tiddler out, as it must be at least three years (and, most likely a good deal longer) since I last used it. Bought it from the shop at Lincoln around five years ago for £69.

Well, one thing I'd forgotten is that it's actually a 24D T01 Firebird. Guessing the Firebird naming makes no difference to specification?

Anyway, one thing that I'd remembered correctly was how sweet a shooting little thing it is. Had a very enjoyable couple of hours informal target shooting, mainly at ten yards printing nice, neat little groups. I then moved to about seven yards shooting little black circles around 8mm diameter, so as to replicate the bell target kill zone somewhat. Most shots inside and most definitely aided by that sweet breaking T01 trigger. Like the Rekords on my HWs and the CD on the TX, it's lovely when you don't have to give the trigger a moment's thought......unlike my session earlier in the week with a Gamo Vipermax and the "will it or won't it?" long, long creepy action!

Loving the little 24. Although it cocks and shoots very smoothly, looking through the stock into the cocking slot, things appear very dry in there, so I think it will be deserving of a clean and re-lube soon, once I've got on top of other long term projects.

And aren't our beloved springers so lovely? Put them away, don't use them for years, pull them out and they're good to go. No messing, just straight back into pure, simple, open-sighted fun and therapy.
    Funnily, this thread kickstarted my interest in my Diana 24d again. I spent some time adjusting the trigger to a nice two stage (the first stage had been wound in too far when I first received it, creating a single stage action). My results matched yours, at 6 yards I was ringing my bell target and then at 18yds I was clover leafing three shots. This is with a .22 doing 6ft/lb, so good garden fun!

How about a Diana theme for the September Bash, Marky?

How about a Diana theme for the September Bash, Marky?
    Bit low on them really; a 280 and then a 27 and 24d

I brought the 27 to the last bash. Due to a lack of open sights, I have the two smaller ones fitted with 1.5-5x20 scopes.

Bit low on them really; a 280 and then a 27 and 24d

I brought the 27 to the last bash. Due to a lack of open sights, I have the two smaller ones fitted with 1.5-5x20 scopes.
    That's two more than I have, Mark.

Think I may have tried the 280 previously? Would love to have another go if possible, though.

I think Mick has one or two, Alanok CERTAINLY has a few, Unframed Dave has, for sure. Plus a few more......

You never know, I might even have my own 280 by then. They've always appealed to me and I'm not sure if I can resist the urge for much longer.