Thread: Diana G10 -----GRRRRRR!

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

Diana G10 -----GRRRRRR!

I've had a G10 needing a mainspring / piston unit , on my table for about 17 months now. A nice chap off here said he had a gun that needed a seal and sent it to me along with a Westlake pistol (If anyone has a grip for one of those?) .
    The G10 actually seemed to be working ok--------------------YES--they really are THAT crap! I decided to strip and lube it last night. Could i get the thing back together? Bloody 1am and I still needed to get the little spring link thing on the rod that cocks the gun. I finally did that this morning. BUT , last night the mainspring was flying across the kitchen, the trigger spring was doing the same and the barrel one joined in every now and again. How the hell did they get the things together in the factory? My guess it they had some sort of "comb" or "combs" , a thin bit of metal that kept the bits in place while you got the top half of the housing on. I am guessing also a jig that the lower half sat in?
    I have done a couple before, but I never want to do one of these things again. I'd rather do Scorpion triggers!
    And the real downside is I've still got the broken one that needs the mainspring/ piston unit!!!

PS
    I'm sending it to someone!
    Last edited by ggggr; 01-07-2019 at 08:15 AM. Reason: PS
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

pjbingham is offline My mother was flexible,but couldn't do Thursdays
    Are you just punishing yourself for something we don’t know about Guy? After all that you still have the other pistol no further forward and I know I’m like you in regards to taking in the waifs and strays that no one else wants but a G10 on your table for all that time...... Some are worth the effort but there’s a few you just have to let go

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Quote Originally Posted by pjbingham View Post
    Are you just punishing yourself for something we don’t know about Guy? After all that you still have the other pistol no further forward and I know I’m like you in regards to taking in the waifs and strays that no one else wants but a G10 on your table for all that time...... Some are worth the effort but there’s a few you just have to let go
    I am thinking of keeping the movey bits as "just in case" spares and sending you the body of the gun Phil. Maybe you could find a use for it (stirring tea like Ij does with Webleys!)

I am hoping that maybe someone on here has a gun with a broken frame and I can send it them ? That would be 2 problems solved then
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

pjbingham is offline My mother was flexible,but couldn't do Thursdays
    Keeping some spares out of it is a good idea. My Tea should be ok without it but you could always stick the frame on fleabay, some people seem to pay good money for the oddest of items,you might get a tenner you never know

I’ve done a few of these over the years (successfully) but not recently.If I remember correctly the little retainer is unable to be reused.You need a new one each time or it wont hold as You seem to have found out.

Give it away on the forum? Bet someone can use it

Red face

When I was a kid, My dad hated guns but he'd been to the Mod and had a load of machineguns on the back of the lorry for melting down (Had to sheet the load when this was the case!), He old me what the load was when he came home for dinner, He also said 'I've left a gun in the cab for you'!

I shot down the drive and jumped in the lorry to find a G10 with no innards in

I really felt like running away from home it peed me off that much!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    Hi John---you can have this one with no innards. Relive your childhood They are more accurate without innards----easier to throw.

Ha ha ha!!

I have one that has innards Guy, I reckon they're among the worst pistols ever made

I reckon the one in my dads lorry had been taken apart and then was found to difficult to rebuild!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/