Thread: New hobby, new challenges

New hobby, new challenges

After retiring afew years ago I'm trying out all the things I wated to do years ago but was too busy. work, life etc.
    I've been involved in other 'shooting sports' especially archery and some slingshot but am now determined to get into airguns.
    Although I have a couple of nice rifles (Weihrauch HW97KT and HW99) I am realy keen to try out 10m pistol shooting. I have been shooting a Webley Alecto for a few weeks now and have made a fair amount of progress ...... and more importantly, had a lot of fun However, I'm looking to get a dedicated 10m pistol in the near furure so am spending lots of time browsing through the archives looking for advice and information...
    I like the idea of an old Feinwerkbau 65 or 80 but I'm not sure how well that would be received in the modern target club I am looking to join or how easy it would be to get one of these serviced.
    I guess that I might have to bite the bullet and embrace a modern pcp plus all the hassle of air tanks etc. but it all seems a bit 'clinical' to an old fogie - even one who earned his living doing science and computing for 40+ years

It will be interesting to browse the sales section on here, once I have a few posts under my belt, to see what is out there in terms of serious 10m pistols?

Welcome to the BBS, Mike,

while your building your post count up it may be worth you taking a look in the pistol and target sections to get ideas.

All the best Mick

Hi Mike and a very warm welcome.

As Mick says above, keep looking in the target shooting sections. One might also pop up in Collectables?

Lovely pistols the FWB65/80. On my list, too.

A shooter from a club that I used to visit, a very good pistol shot, once told me how he had outshot this chap in a formal 10m competition. The chap I knew was using a 65 and the other chap a PCP. The PCP chappy cited "movement and noise" from the cocking of the 65 ruined his concentration!

Lovely pair of HWs too, sir.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Thanks guys..... I will keep browsing for ideas.
    Just had my induction session at the local rifle and pistol club confirmed so I should find out what is being used. I really fancy the older compensated spring or CO2 pistols but don’t want to get one if it’s going to make life at the new club difficult

Hi Mike and welcome. Congratulations on getting into a club, I’ve been waiting near on all this year to get into mine and still their books are closed! Like you 10 mtr target is what interests me as I near retirement and a Gamo Compact is my current weapon, single stroke pneumatic, for not too much money second hand. I’m slowly improving my score in my back garden while no doubt learning all sort of bad techniques that will have to be knocked out of me when my local club eventually opens its doors again to newbies.

John

Hi fella, welcome!

Should be able to shoot what you want to, as long as it conforms to your new clubs regs.

If people look down on you for your choice of pistol, tough on them, maybe try a different club where gun snobbery isn't present!

ATB
    Martin
    I plink, therefore I am!
    Steyr LG110 • Drulov DU-10 • Daystate Red Wolf • FX Impact MKII • FX Impact MKII • FX Wildcat MKII • FX Crown MKI • Air Arms TX200 TL • AGT Uragan