Thread: Dive Bottle Fill Compressors

Dive Bottle Fill Compressors

My Club uses an Omega Compressor to fill their Dive Bottles, but as it's a bit slow in filling they could well be looking for one that does the job a bit quicker (for around the same price or a little more). Someone suggested that the Daystate Compressor might be a more suitable beast and I've been asked for my opinion of it. As I've never seen or used one to date I'm asking the question on here in case anyone out there does have any experience of using them. And also, as presumably Daystate buy them in as a re-branded product, are they available from the original manufacturer at a better price ? Lastly, are there any viable alternatives out there for around the £2000 mark ?

Thanks, Vic Thompson.

Brian Samson at Doncaster Airgun range uses a couple. Ask him.

arnie2b Guest

The Daystate looks quite a lot like a Coltri MCH6, but I cant find the cfm spec for it to compare them.
    A Bauer junior is a bit more but a good quality brand.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    The Daystate looks quite a lot like a Coltri MCH6, but I cant find the cfm spec for it to compare them.
    A Bauer junior is a bit more but a good quality brand.
    I've used both of these and agree totally, the Daystate is a rebadged Coltri and the Bauer a great little bit of kit.

£2000 is not a lot for a good compressor these days and they will both fill a bottle from 150 to 300 in around 20/25mins if your using 10/12L ones, (higher pressures take longer) the smaller the quicker obviously, but both are workhorses, especially the Bauer even though a touch more money, and you can use them for hours at a time with no issues.

Personal favourite - the Bauer Jnr
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired