Thread: Problem with craftman vit bullpup stock(accuracy issue)

Problem with craftman vit bullpup stock(accuracy issue)

Does anyone own a craftmanvit bullpup stock(hw100 full length in particular)and suffer major accuracy issues only when it is in the bullpup stock?
    I thought my hw100 action was playing up again but tried it back in the original stock and the action is spot on.the only thing I can think of(apart from me being the actual problem)is that maybe the action doesn't fit the stock correctly but I dont think it is that so does anyone have any ideas?
    I love that stock and dont want to have to bin it off!

It could be the stock mounting screws are flexing the action....if it's spot on outside the stock then the only variable has to be the stock. You do also change contact points when in a bullpup or std stock, but that shouldn't account for erratic shots.
    I would look at the fixing points of the action and points of contact with the stock.... shouldn't be a difficult fix.

Could it be due to eye position? Changing the height of the scope mounts may help.
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

I am of the opinion that it's down to the stock.what exactly should I do to make adjustments?im assuming start at the fixing points first.

My friends at the rifle range said it could be down to the rifle canting due to the height of the scope but the rifle is flicking pellets all over the place and very often poi will land at least an inch high,can that be down to cant?I do not see that being the case as its went from producing half inch groups at 50 yards to 2.5 inch groups at 50 yards.

An inconsistent eye position in relation to the scope could be part of the problem?

How firmly are the scope and action locked in place? Could one be moving in relation to the other in between shots?

Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Is the scope mounted to the barrel with it being made into a bullpup? make sure the barrel is free floating just a thought im not 100% sure this is on a air rifle but I no its important on powder burners hope you get it sorted ATB

Quote Originally Posted by ZAKDINGEL View Post
    Is the scope mounted to the barrel with it being made into a bullpup? make sure the barrel is free floating just a thought im not 100% sure this is on a air rifle but I no its important on powder burners hope you get it sorted ATB
    The barrel free floats so if its movement it is happening elsewhere but struggling to figure out where exactly.i was hoping someone had owned one and suffered similar problems

stock,

had the same kind of problem. the action block when nipped up didn't sit right on the bottom of the stock cut-out, there was a slight gap over three parts of the block action and block action cut-out in the stock. this caused tension on the cylinder to stock fit and front barrel band/ scope rail to stock fixing, this caused the point of aim to be all over the place / wander about as pressure altered through the shot string I fixed with a few things. by making a shim out of a bit of plastic, used araldite between stock and the plastic shim to level the gap and nipped the action back up, did a £20 note test between the cylinder and stock found the note just bind here and there. found a bit of pipe slightly less than cylinder o/d wrapped sand paper around it and sanded the cylinder cut out a little till the £20 note slid up and down the cylinder freely. SORTED. hope it helps ...

Quote Originally Posted by gc93 View Post
    had the same kind of problem. the action block when nipped up didn't sit right on the bottom of the stock cut-out, there was a slight gap over three parts of the block action and block action cut-out in the stock. this caused tension on the cylinder to stock fit and front barrel band/ scope rail to stock fixing, this caused the point of aim to be all over the place / wander about as pressure altered through the shot string I fixed with a few things. by making a shim out of a bit of plastic, used araldite between stock and the plastic shim to level the gap and nipped the action back up, did a £20 note test between the cylinder and stock found the note just bind here and there. found a bit of pipe slightly less than cylinder o/d wrapped sand paper around it and sanded the cylinder cut out a little till the £20 note slid up and down the cylinder freely. SORTED. hope it helps ...
    Thanks very much.i knew someone must of had this experience before.ill get on it today and see what happens.
    I messaged craft man vit about it and it seemed as if he knew but didnt want to admit it was the stock.his reply was basically pretending not to know what I was talking about because of his english but I've messaged him before and had no problem communicating.
    He just said he couldn't help me and that was that.