Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is the collectibility of the BSA Stutzen tab-loader vs the Stutzen Rb2

Quote Originally Posted by mrto View Post
    No,but I understand your confusion!
    So what you should have wrote down was, the earlier tap loaders.

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy45 View Post
    So what you should have wrote down was, the earlier tap loaders.

Hmmm!See "Shed tuner's" post above!

Hmmm!See "Shed tuner's" post above!
    Getting personal now. Ok. I'll leave it to ya.

Most certainly not "getting personal"! Shed tuner's post above explains the meaning of the wording and directing you to it means I don't have to type out again what he has written!

Most certainly not "getting personal"! Shed tuner's post above explains the meaning of the wording and directing you to it means I don't have to type out again what he has written!
    Does 'later' mean before or after. ?
    I'm not interested in what the OP has written, it's what you have written that makes no sense.
    Last edited by fozzy45; 29-06-2019 at 11:28 AM.

Does 'later' mean before or after. ?
    I'm not interested in what the OP has written, it's what you have written that makes no sense.

Early tap loaders,(Airsporters) ie MK1,2 and possibly 3.Later tap loaders,from and including the MK1V to MK V11.Nothing to do with before or after the arrival of the RB2,but comparison to.

Early tap loaders,(Airsporters) ie MK1,2 and possibly 3.Later tap loaders,from and including the MK1V to MK V11.Nothing to do with before or after the arrival of the RB2,but comparison to.
    You need to go back to your orginal post which states, when read, that rb2 came before tap loaders.

You need to go back to your orginal post which states, when read, that rb2 came before tap loaders.

Only to you Fozzy!

Hard for me not to want a tap loader just because? Ended up the RB2 was a scam, on a auction site and noticed the pics were dated 12/15/12. When I question him, it was taken off in an hour!

Only to you Fozzy!
    Only someone who doesn't know the difference between later models, meaning newer, or after, and early models meaning older, or before would be confused.
    I've been a restorer of air rifles for many years and know the difference, you on the other hand don't. 🤔

Only someone who doesn't know the difference between later models, meaning newer, or after, and early models meaning older, or before would be confused.
    I've been a restorer of air rifles for many years and know the difference, you on the other hand don't. ��

I think you have a problem with English comprehension,Fozzy,but thanks for commenting!

If you want to labour this further please take it to PM as it is getting tedious!
    Last edited by mrto; 30-06-2019 at 12:12 AM.

The taploader stutzen is a rarer rifle and by far a better shooting rifle!
    The tap loading stutzen and carbine shared the same action and prefix letters, the tap loading models also had a relatively short production run that lasted just over a 12months, the RB had a production run of nearly 9 years in total in various guises! The stutzen RB2 was available for them years! The Airsporter RB2 is a very different rifle internally from all previous Airsporter models and shared components from other BSA rifles of the time.
    Having owned and collected both tap and RB2 stutzen/carbine models I personally found the RB to be very harsh to shoot compared to the earlier 86 tap loading model.

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    My memory isn't what it wasn't do I remember correctly that there was in fact a later (more recent) 'Gamo' produced version of the Stutty that wasn't very good compared to the BSA version? I am sure that I saw pictures of one, it clearly wasnt like the BSA version but had a similar stock - the graceful trigger sloping block on the BSA model was replaced by a stunted version on the Gamo version - I believe the Gamo may have been a sliding breech affair like the RB.
    From memory, people who had shot with both said the Gamo version was an inferior all round product.
    I may be wrong - perhaps someone could confirm.

ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

Simmo -I personally found the RB to be very harsh to shoot compared to the earlier 86 tap loading model.[/QUOTE]

Indeed the RB2 Stutzen I owned was harsh to shoot compared to every other BSA air rifle I've ever fired. Strange when the Superstar is so sweet...

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporterman View Post
    My memory isn't what it wasn't do I remember correctly that there was in fact a later (more recent) 'Gamo' produced version of the Stutty that wasn't very good compared to the BSA version? I am sure that I saw pictures of one, it clearly wasnt like the BSA version but had a similar stock - the graceful trigger sloping block on the BSA model was replaced by a stunted version on the Gamo version - I believe the Gamo may have been a sliding breech affair like the RB.
    From memory, people who had shot with both said the Gamo version was an inferior all round product.
    I may be wrong - perhaps someone could confirm.

ASM
    Gamo Stutzen. Made roughly 2000-2011.

More info and review here:

https://www.americanairgunhunter.com...time-favorite/

Diana also made some underlevers in that stock style.