Quote Originally Posted by DesG View Post
The swaging tool you're on about was made by my old mate John Ellis who founded Wamadet loading tools in Barnstaple. I still use a couple of his presses. Very solid steel construction. The swaging dies were excellent but rather slow to use and really needed pure lead wire to work properly. That tended to bump up the cost per bullet to rather more than cast bullets, and I always found cast to be quicker and easier to make. John retired quite a while back and I don't know if he's still alive.

Jeff Tanner passed away last November just after I had an excellent .75 in ball mould from him for one of my cannon. I don't know if his son is still making the moulds, but the change of name would suggest that he is.
Jeff Tanner's son has taken over doing the bullet moulds, and I think his wife does patches.

Re the swaging die. A friend of mine had one made that was a split block like a bullet mould with a ram to form the bullet. He used lead wire at first but, as you said, it was expensive, so he started casting pure lead bullets and swaged them in his die.
He used a fly press and it was a slow job but it worked.