Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Airgun range North East

airgun range

DYKE HEAD FARM, SWARLAND, NEAR ALNICK air guns only, super range,
    ATB.Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by AlBur View Post
    That's a blow. Good Range & facilities. Airguns & the indoor range for powder burners.

Any idea why it will be closing. Is Bob finally retiring ??

Al.
    Yes finally packing it all in. Closes on 1st Jan 2020

Northeasttargetsports

If 20 yards is enough for you there is North East Target Sports in Hartlepool.

It is affiliated to the NSRA, some members shoot the 20 yard sporting rifle competition, this discipline is shot free standing although you can sit down if you just want to put lead down range for fun, there is also 10m and 6yrd shooting.

This is not a commercial range but a club ran by the members for the members, subs are 60 pounds a year and half for under 18s.

Members only other costs on top of this are target cards and of course pellets etc.

What I've heard is the shop at Dunkleys is shutting and at the minute the range is scheduled to but there's a possibility it might stay open as a private members range. The monthly HFT the lads run will continue but I think they might be understandably be looking for their own woodland now, I imagine they would consider incorporating a range if they do find somewhere

Mayfair don't allow air rifles for the reasons listed in previous posts.

Wearside air rifle range isn't going ahead anymore.

Oaklodge near Hartlepool may be worth looking into?
    Last edited by pumpygun; 17-07-2019 at 11:11 PM.

Dunkleys shooting area has been reduced now as there's a shipping container halfway into the shooting positions now

Quote Originally Posted by pumpygun View Post
    Dunkleys shooting area has been reduced now as there's a shipping container halfway into the shooting positions now
    Lol really? Was only up 2 weeks getting bottle filled, where's it come from. Bob probably wants people to leave now, I've always trusted him but he's a bit grumpy. It's a shame, when I first started coming down 6 years ago it was much busier

Quote Originally Posted by jigs View Post
    Lol really? Was only up 2 weeks getting bottle filled, where's it come from. Bob probably wants people to leave now, I've always trusted him but he's a bit grumpy. It's a shame, when I first started coming down 6 years ago it was much busier
    I havnt been myself, one of the lads was telling me. By the sounds of it hes pulled down about a third of the shooting position part and the container comes into there. Unfortunately it doesn't sound like the range will be staying open next year which would be a further blow for the north eastern Airgunners.

Bob has also sold the compressor, so no more fills
    FX ImpactX, AirArms HFT500, 2xAirArms S200 MK3, Webley Omega, Weihrauch HW95, HW97K, HW98, HW99s, AirArms S200mk3, Gunpower Stealth, Weihrauch HW40pca, HW45 Black Star, Webley Alecto, Crosman 2240, Artemis pp700sa, Swiss Arms SA P1911, Walther CP88 competition, CP99