Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airgun range North East

Airgun range North East

Tall trees in Teesside is closing at the end of the year, anyone know of any clubs? Preferably allowing FAC rated air rifles. I'm at the top end of North Yorkshire. Thanks

Chewy is offline Can't believe i missed this last night...
    There's not many that I know of. I used to shoot at Steve Smith's up by Newcastle Airport, and there's also Washington Air Rifle Range, but neither of those are particularly close to you. As for FAC rifles, I think Steve Smith's allowed them. I don't think WARR does as it's a pretty small indoor range.

I did hear something about a bigger indoor range opening up in Sunderland (Philadelphia), but I can't find any info on it other than that planning has been approved.

range

The one at Lawson industrial Middlesbrough have a range that they might let you use.

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    There's not many that I know of. I used to shoot at Steve Smith's up by Newcastle Airport, and there's also Washington Air Rifle Range, but neither of those are particularly close to you. As for FAC rifles, I think Steve Smith's allowed them. I don't think WARR does as it's a pretty small indoor range.

I did hear something about a bigger indoor range opening up in Sunderland (Philadelphia), but I can't find any info on it other than that planning has been approved.
    it didnt get go ahead that range in philadephia,gutted as its only 10 mins from my house.theres another 1 in sunderland been there years called mayfair its on A690 2 mins outside sland town centre,but im sure its for shot guns and high powered rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by robhw97k View Post
    it didnt get go ahead that range in philadephia,gutted as its only 10 mins from my house.theres another 1 in sunderland been there years called mayfair its on A690 2 mins outside sland town centre,but im sure its for shot guns and high powered rifles.
    Yes it did get the go ahead here http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/new...rside-approved ----And you can shoot airguns at the Mayfair as long as your a member

I heard whoever was putting the money into the Philadelphia site pulled out so its not happening now but it did get the permission approved.ive only been going to tall trees about 14 months and now its shutting,I'm as sick as a chip

Quote Originally Posted by ZAKDINGEL View Post
    Yes it did get the go ahead here www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/17588411.plans-for-new-indoor-air-rifle-range-on-wearside-approved ----And you can shoot airguns at the Mayfair as long as your a member
    The planning was approved, but the organiser had pulled out due to the building falling into disrepair while the application was awaiting approval. The subsequent costs of remedial work was not economical for them, so they pulled out and it is no longer going ahead.
    Ex-Airgunner

ah ok lads i didnt know the full sp about philidelphia range i just heard it wasnt going to happen.that mayfair range how many yards is it ?

Quote Originally Posted by robhw97k View Post
    ah ok lads i didnt know the full sp about philidelphia range i just heard it wasnt going to happen.that mayfair range how many yards is it ?
    Here you go mate www.mayfairshootingcentre.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ZAKDINGEL View Post
    ta mate,im sure ive phoned these affor see if i could take my air rifle n they said no,going email em maybe ya do av to be a member.im sure theres a range in pallion industrial estate but me mate says it was tiny.

Longbenton North Tyneside. +Dinnington FTC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post

Sorry but FAC air guns are not allowed at Steve Smiths.

Darlington. The Land of the Prince Bishops Durham

Tall Trees / Teesside

When you state "Tall Trees Teesside". Do you mean Bob Dunkleys at Elwick off the A19 ??.

Al
    AlBur
    Always Remember "Utopia Does NOT Exist"

Quote Originally Posted by AlBur View Post
    When you state "Tall Trees Teesside". Do you mean Bob Dunkleys at Elwick off the A19 ??.

Al
    Yes afraid so

Darlington. The Land of the Prince Bishops Durham

Tall Trees

That's a blow. Good Range & facilities. Airguns & the indoor range for powder burners.

Any idea why it will be closing. Is Bob finally retiring ??

Al.
    AlBur
    Always Remember "Utopia Does NOT Exist"

I got reply back from mayfair range sunderland,says no sub 12ftlb rifle as does not penatrate curtain and pellets have been know come back up range,if ya air rifle shoots over 12ftlb and penitrates curtain then its ok to use range.