Thread: reloading press

reloading press

Hi looking for a reloading press entry level for 12 bore and .410 thanks or any advice on good ones thanks G

Thumbs up

I do a bit of limited loading for both 410 and 16 bore. I use spreader wads to compensate for a tight choke on a Sauer Drilling.

In my limited experience, the Lee Loadall is dirt cheap and works surprisingly well.

I have gradually upgraded to MEC as they are a much more quality item.....ammo quality however, remains the same!
    For professional guided Deer & Wild Boar Stalking, practical stalking intro's & Deer related training, DSC1 & 2 preparation & witnessing, Field Rifle coaching
    Go to www.farringtonds.com - or call me on Tel: 07798 771 062

The only problem with the Lee Loader is they do not make a .410 loader (or 28ga) and have no plans to do so. I find this odd as these are the two gauges where you can save the most money.

For 12ga though - though some people look down on it, the Lee Load All is very good value for money at around £75 and with a conversion kit (around £30) you can load 20ga or 16ga.

If you are doing this to save money - you should really do the maths though - quite often reloading shot-shell does not make economic sense - particularly if your time isn't worth £0.

As an aside - Lee used to make the equivalent of their Lee Loader single hand loaders for shotshell too. They no longer make them, but you can sometimes find them on eBlag, though they go for high prices. There is currently a .410 one there now 223627531543 - but starting bid is £120. The .410 ones are fairly rare compared to the 12 (I have one of these). You can see it in action here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tDPrnM-Adw

There is another single shotshell reloader from Russia which is fairly priced - US$35 delivered: https://ft-camp.com/press_reloader

There are several videos on youtube showing how it works - and it seems fine. They too don't do a .410 though - only 12ga and 16ga.

For .410 your best bet is probably the MEC 600 Jr - but you would have to load a hell of a lot of shells to cover your costs and make it cost effective.

Here is an inexpensive option. Available in 12ga and .410 - and they will ship internationally.

https://www.thexringusa.com/

If you reload for rifle and have the kit, you can get shotgun dies that will fit the press, although I've never managed to get any
    Do nothing, achieve nothing

Lee load all
    Bloody brilliant, cheap as chips, get exactly the same results as with a far more expensive system.
    Highly recommended.
    As for .410, buy a roll crimp and do the rest with domestic hand tools.
    And I'll second everything aris has posted above.

I agree with aris. 12bore reloading will probably not save you money. You can buy bulk 12bore carts cheaper than buying the components. However, for “specials” reloading is the way to go. I use a very old pacific dl press for my bp and slug loads (when I used to load them,) and a home made set like the one in the pic for 410 subsonic stuff with a roll crimp. Works great.
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi