Thread: Oiginal Model 6 target pistols FOR SALE

Oiginal Model 6 target pistols FOR SALE

I have two really nice Original Model 6 recoilless target pistols that I am reluctantly going to offer for sale - both have been well cared for and both have recently been completely stripped and re-sealed and fitted with new springs by Dave Mercer - (one of the best Giss system experts in the UK) and so both are mechanically perfect and should give many years of good service.

Both pistols have the one piece moulded plastic grip - one is moulded in the earlier grey colour and the other is on the more often seen later brown colour. This style of Model 6 pistol seems to fit more people better than the later "slant grip" types as although they all share the same internal parts and Giss system, these have a shorter and easier to reach trigger position than the later models that can be a bit of a stretch to get the index finger pad squarely onto the trigger blade.

The grey coloured pistol is stamped 08138 and is in good overall condition for its age and has not been shot (yet) since its full overhaul by DM80 and features the earlier style rear sights and an all black coloured front sight (later Model 6 pistols have a white coloured front sight element retaining ring) so it is not only a really good shooter but is also slightly "different" to the more often seen brown examples although both types share exactly the same internal components.

The brown coloured pistol is just about as good as it is possible to find and it still has the original green foam plastic box (with clear plastic lid) and this has been encased in a wooden carry box and so has been protected from the ravages of time and has survived intact!
    This pistol is date stamped 10 78 number 57662 and has been shot only a few times since its full overhaul by DM80 but will still need a few more pellets put through it yet before it becomes fully "bedded-in" as (like the grey Model 6) it has essentially all new components inside.

Both pistols are very collectable but both would also make excellent pistols to be shot on a regular basis at 10 metres and would make exceptionally good pistols to shoot in the MPL 6 yard competition too!

The asking prices reflect the good condition of these two target pistols and the amount of cash paid for the new seals and springs and the professional rebuilds that they have both recently received. I am asking £160 for the cased brown coloured example and £135 for the grey one.
    Last edited by zooma; 28-08-2019 at 09:16 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

I will be taking some pictures of these two Model 6 target pistols today and can send them by email to anyone that is seriously interested in buying either (or both) of them.

When the price of the rebuilds (done by a professional gunsmith) and the cost of the new seals and springs are factored in these two pistols are far from expensive and could well end up costing a lot less than some that are not in such nice condition and that need a rebuild with the three new springs and seals etc.

I took the grey Model 6 to RMTC last night and shot it for the first time since it had new springs and seals fitted and it shot smoothly and has a very nice trigger so it would make an excellent choice pistol to use in the current MPL series.

When I took the pictures of these two pistols I placed them beside each other and was surprised to see some changes had been made to the moulds from when the grey ones were moulded and the later brown coloured ones were moulded.

The early mould was a little more curvaceous in places and make an interesting comparison.

I always assumed that the same mould had been used from start to finish, but now we have proof that there was (at least) two different moulds used to make these one piece Model grips.

Vey interesting !

Garvin has added my pictures of these two Model 6 target pistols to his Vintage Airguns Site and can be seen using the link below!

https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....l-6/#post-4258

Thanks Danny

Hi Danny,

Scrolled past a number of Model 6 pistols, but which are yours?
    It's not exactly clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake190 View Post
    Hi Danny,

Scrolled past a number of Model 6 pistols, but which are yours?
    It's not exactly clear.
    Hi Jake,

Mine are the two shown pictured together.

I have emailed the pictures to you so you can positively identify them

Please PM me if you need any more help.

Bob.
    Last edited by zooma; 24-09-2019 at 08:06 AM.