Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shooting glove.

Shooting glove.

I am looking at getting my self a shooting glove, for my bell target shooting.
    Intershoot have the Anschutz ahg match long 112 glove for £30, any opion on this glove??.or a suitable alternative, any info would be most appreciated thanks.
    Les..
    Last edited by les allam; 30-07-2019 at 10:48 AM.

Definitely use glove, makes a HUGE difference.
    I use this one :-

https://www.intershoot.co.uk/acatalo...e-116-230.html

I can't find your glove, but if "long" means full finger, then no for air rifle.
    You want a short finger but also a nice 'soft' rifle glove, not something full finger and heavy like we use for 22LR prone!

Air rifles are just not heavy enough for a normal full finger stiff shooting glove.
    I use this glove for 22LR

http://www.edinkillie.co.uk/ecatalog...html?cPath=1_5

Edinkillie are doing it for half price now! For 22LR it is awesome, but it's way too stiff for air, I tried it !!
    I bought mine 18 months ago when they were £50.

I was keen not to spend another £50 on a glove, but sadly I had to. Love my soft short finger for air, it's a great glove
    Last edited by MrChipShoulder; 30-07-2019 at 02:32 PM.

Les,

I use the Gehmann 467 glove :

https://www.intershoot.co.uk/acatalo...n-467-420.html

and have found it to be excellent

I did cut-off the too-tight elastic from the wrist section, as my fingers were turning green and dropping off

With the elastic gone, the 467 is a comfy and highly effective glove for me.

Have fun

Best regards

Russ

Thanks for the reply's chap's.
    A rethink is needed.
    Les..

Sadly these gloves are not the cheapest, but they will last years and for me, mine is very comfortable.
    Comfort is key as I expect you already know.
    Once you shoot with a glove, you can never go back, same with a jacket

And shooting boots !!

Quote Originally Posted by MrChipShoulder View Post
    Sadly these gloves are not the cheapest, but they will last years and for me, mine is very comfortable.
    Comfort is key as I expect you already know.
    Once you shoot with a glove, you can never go back, same with a jacket

And shooting boots !!
    I had a quick go with another shooters glove at my FTC ,apart from it being very moist(hot day)inside the glove,it did offer me improved support for my leading hand.
    I seem to suffer with rheumatism in my hands and I think the glove will help me.
    Thanks again for your help..
    Atb
    Les..

It would definately be worth asking for Robin C's input here. Or waiting for him to pop up on the thread.

I use a fingerless glove and works perfect for me. I have had the full glove and as one of the guys above already said "they are to stiff" I would have to agree plus they give you a numb hand and end up wobbling. If was you see if you can try someone else's for a 40 course and see how you get on. Hope this helps

If you are going to the bash Les and you are a medium, I'll bring mine and you can try it for 40 shots :-)

Quote Originally Posted by MrChipShoulder View Post
    If you are going to the bash Les and you are a medium, I'll bring mine and you can try it for 40 shots :-)
    Thanks for the offer mate, unfortunately I won't be able to make the September Bash. I will be going to the Halloween bash, but I have measured my hand and I am a large to xtra large in hand size. I would like to try a few for size comparison and fit.
    Les.

I have a target gloove. Dunno what brand. But do you know what I use (cause it gives mé better results); a general uncle mikes leather glove (short fingers). Ir gives just enough protection not to hurt my hand with shooting standing match target and it has múch better feeling with the rifle than a thick large targetgloove.
    I use it for (simulated) belltarget too
    https://www.copsplus.com/uncle-mikes...hooting-gloves
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    I have a target gloove. Dunno what brand. But do you know what I use (cause it gives mé better results); a general uncle mikes leather glove (short fingers). Ir gives just enough protection not to hurt my hand with shooting standing match target and it has múch better feeling with the rifle than a thick large targetgloove.
    I use it for (simulated) belltarget too
    https://www.copsplus.com/uncle-mikes...hooting-gloves
    Thanks Yana
    Another one to think about .
    Atb
    Les..

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Glove

The glove required is dependent on the position and hold used, Bell is just standing air rifle, I like to to see the modern open left hand hold with the fore end sat on the palm, for that almost any soft glove with a grippy surface will do, the cheap ones are just a good as there is no need for tech, just pick a short finger, cooler, and easier to load. Monard make a nice one at a good price.

Prone gloves are different matter as you have the pressures created by the sling, we have always used the short finger hard covered Kurt Thune, can't remember the exact model, but we have a young lady shooting prone and using the new and quite different Anschutz Project 1 glove, which is proving very good, very supportive and pads well with gel pads. Mrs C has just worn out her current KT (goes through them like wildfire, very tight position!) and she wants to try the project 1, good idea I think, as they are much cheaper than the KT!

Have Fun
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    The glove required is dependent on the position and hold used, Bell is just standing air rifle, I like to to see the modern open left hand hold with the fore end sat on the palm, for that almost any soft glove with a grippy surface will do, the cheap ones are just a good as there is no need for tech, just pick a short finger, cooler, and easier to load. Monard make a nice one at a good price.

Prone gloves are different matter as you have the pressures created by the sling, we have always used the short finger hard covered Kurt Thune, can't remember the exact model, but we have a young lady shooting prone and using the new and quite different Anschutz Project 1 glove, which is proving very good, very supportive and pads well with gel pads. Mrs C has just worn out her current KT (goes through them like wildfire, very tight position!) and she wants to try the project 1, good idea I think, as they are much cheaper than the KT!

Have Fun
    Robin
    Hi Robin
    Thanks for the info.
    The glove will be purely for bell target and unsoported springer shooting.
    Atb
    Les..

Hi Robin
    Thanks for the photos regarding the shooting glove,they definitely look more comfortable on hold and I feel they will benefit me in my shooting.
    Regards
    Les..