As a relatively new convert to 10m target shooting, I am now ready to invest in a good quality pistol but the choices are not clear..

I have just joined a target club and have access to a couple of models; the Steyr LP2 in full size and compact and an older LP1. Most people in the club shoot Steyr LP2s or older LP10 so I have no opurtunity to compare other makes/models.
As I have a shoulder problem I am attracted to a compact/short pistol to keep the weight down and, at my standard, I assume the shorter barrel (less accurate/less shots per fill???) won't be an issue?
I quite like the Steyr LP2 compact but wonder if spending a bit more would improve my choice as well as getting me a 'better' pistol?

All the advice I get at the cub says 'its all about what fits you, what feels right..... you need to try them out'. That makes perfect sense BUT where can I see and hold a range of pistols?

From my research I have identified the following pistols as suitable and within my budget.......but I'm open to other suggestions?
Steyr LP2, LP10 (Evo 10 at the top of my range)
Morini CM161
Walther LP400 (LP500 at the top of my range) - I like the look of the LP400 carbon compact but?????
Feinwerkbau P44

I'm not sure if the older models are still available to buy new (LP10, LP400) as few websites list them and those that do sometimes show them as unavailable when I follow the link!
I'm open to buying a very good condition used model but buying new seems the best way to avoid problems with grip size/modifications, short date cylinders, unknown service issues etc.

My main problem is that - other than the couple of Steyr pistols at my club - I have no way of deciding which pistol will 'fit me' or which size grip to choose and don't want to make an expensive mistake.
I live in the West Midlands but would be willing to travel to pretty much anywhere if I could actually see and hold 2 or 3 of the pistols on my short list before making a final decision.
Are there UK dealers who actually keep a range of pistols 'in stock' or.... as I discovered when buying top level archery gear, its often 'catch 22' - 'we can get whatever you want - but you need to know what you want'

Any suggestions would be very welcome

Mike