Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to buy 10m Target Pistol?

Where to buy 10m Target Pistol?

As a relatively new convert to 10m target shooting, I am now ready to invest in a good quality pistol but the choices are not clear..

I have just joined a target club and have access to a couple of models; the Steyr LP2 in full size and compact and an older LP1. Most people in the club shoot Steyr LP2s or older LP10 so I have no opurtunity to compare other makes/models.
    As I have a shoulder problem I am attracted to a compact/short pistol to keep the weight down and, at my standard, I assume the shorter barrel (less accurate/less shots per fill???) won't be an issue?
    I quite like the Steyr LP2 compact but wonder if spending a bit more would improve my choice as well as getting me a 'better' pistol?

All the advice I get at the cub says 'its all about what fits you, what feels right..... you need to try them out'. That makes perfect sense BUT where can I see and hold a range of pistols?

From my research I have identified the following pistols as suitable and within my budget.......but I'm open to other suggestions?
    Steyr LP2, LP10 (Evo 10 at the top of my range)
    Morini CM161
    Walther LP400 (LP500 at the top of my range) - I like the look of the LP400 carbon compact but?????
    Feinwerkbau P44

I'm not sure if the older models are still available to buy new (LP10, LP400) as few websites list them and those that do sometimes show them as unavailable when I follow the link!
    I'm open to buying a very good condition used model but buying new seems the best way to avoid problems with grip size/modifications, short date cylinders, unknown service issues etc.

My main problem is that - other than the couple of Steyr pistols at my club - I have no way of deciding which pistol will 'fit me' or which size grip to choose and don't want to make an expensive mistake.
    I live in the West Midlands but would be willing to travel to pretty much anywhere if I could actually see and hold 2 or 3 of the pistols on my short list before making a final decision.
    Are there UK dealers who actually keep a range of pistols 'in stock' or.... as I discovered when buying top level archery gear, its often 'catch 22' - 'we can get whatever you want - but you need to know what you want'

Any suggestions would be very welcome

Mike

It’s a bit of a distance but you’d be welcome to try my Morini CM162EI at Leigh anytime You could shoot rifle and archery too to make a few hours of the trip !

City air weapons in Solihull are worth a call or the NSRA shop at Bisley. Both have been helpful in the past (but most people are when your spending that sort of money)

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Have a look her;

https://www.euroshooting.eu/en/index...istole&hledej=

a fairly comprehensive list of what is available - Miroslav Varga is/was an Olympic rifle shooter.

also you could combine a visit to Leigh with a diversion to Rivington Riflemen. We have pistol shooters with Pardini, Walther, Sreyr ,Benelli and Feinwerkbau as well as club coaches.

ATB,
    Mike
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by BJ knome View Post
    City air weapons in Solihull are worth a call or the NSRA shop at Bisley. Both have been helpful in the past (but most people are when your spending that sort of money)
    City air weapons were suggested by someone at my club as they are close by....... but they only show one match pistol on their site; the FWB P8X
    NSRA certainly have a few more...... a fairly long way from me but worth giving them a call to see what is actually in stock - thanks for the suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by mikehill View Post
    It’s a bit of a distance but you’d be welcome to try my Morini CM162EI at Leigh anytime You could shoot rifle and archery too to make a few hours of the trip !
    Kind offer...... I'll bear it in mind. I pass your part of the world on the way up to my caravan on the Scotish border so certainly possible.

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    Have a look her;

https://www.euroshooting.eu/en/index...istole&hledej=

a fairly comprehensive list of what is available - Miroslav Varga is/was an Olympic rifle shooter.

also you could combine a visit to Leigh with a diversion to Rivington Riflemen. We have pistol shooters with Pardini, Walther, Sreyr ,Benelli and Feinwerkbau as well as club coaches.

ATB,
    Mike
    Discovered that site ....... looks the perfect place to buy if/when I really know what I want; certainly plenty of choice and some useful info.
    Thanks for the offer of a visit........ looks a great club....... I'll keep it in mind.

Hi Mike,
    Good luck in your search for a match pistol. If you get a chance to try a Benelli Kite and you like it, then I have one for sale. Although it's a full-length pistol it is beautifully balanced and I don't think you will have any problem with it. I have won two club competitions with it at Bisley, but have now moved away and don't use it. It's fully serviced with new seals and has a right-hand medium grip but also comes with an extra left-hand grip. Both grips have adjustable heel plates. The pistol is in immaculate condition. Anyway, I'm in no hurry to sell it, but if you try one and like it, then drop me a pm with an e-mail address and I will send you pics. I would like £800 posted for this Italian Olympic pistol.
    Cheers, David
    ps. Enjoy your new discipline - I did!

Quote Originally Posted by Exfelix View Post
    Hi Mike,
    Good luck in your search for a match pistol. If you get a chance to try a Benelli Kite and you like it, then I have one for sale. Although it's a full-length pistol it is beautifully balanced and I don't think you will have any problem with it. I have won two club competitions with it at Bisley, but have now moved away and don't use it. It's fully serviced with new seals and has a right-hand medium grip but also comes with an extra left-hand grip. Both grips have adjustable heel plates. The pistol is in immaculate condition. Anyway, I'm in no hurry to sell it, but if you try one and like it, then drop me a pm with an e-mail address and I will send you pics. I would like £800 posted for this Italian Olympic pistol.
    Cheers, David
    ps. Enjoy your new discipline - I did!
    Hi David
    That is interesting.... the Benelli Kite is one of the less familiar brands I have come across on my wanderings through the gunshop sites. It looks a very nice pistol; I had thought it might be a bit heavy for me but I'm working from a position of little experience and balance could well be as or even more important than weight. As I mentioned in my origi nal post...... I'm a little wary of buying a used pistol as I know so little about the pitfalls. With new cylinders costing thebest part of £200 I don't want to end up with one with just months left on its certificate or a pistol in need of a full service. The fact that yours has been serviced is excellent news.
    If I can work out how to do a pm on this forum (I'm new here) I'll ask for some pics.

Mike

Which club have you joined?

Atb
    Chris
    BSA Ultra Multi .22 ( Falcon Merlin 10x42T, `Tweaky` reg, HW mod, Cobra Merlin+Dipol L3 ), Skan M32 .177 (3-12x44 mini SWAT), Alros Trailsman .177 (Simmons WTC 1.5-5x20 , `Tweaky` reg ), Steyr Evo 10e and a Daystate Pulsar. 177..

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_SwampThing View Post
    Which club have you joined?

Atb
    Chris
    Sutton Coldfield Rifle and Pistol

I shoot at Aldersley. You are welcome to come and try out my Steyr Evo 10e, I shoot most Mondays and Thursdays. Nick Marshall on here has an Evo 10e for sale in excellent condition and a very good price. Steyr have customer service second to none through Steyr UK. I also suggest that you get in touch with Iqbal Ubhi, distributor for Morini, as he is based in Birmingham (Ubhi Targets & Guns Ltd). He is a very nice chap, knows his stuff and may well have a selection of pistols for you to try.
    Atb
    Chris
    BSA Ultra Multi .22 ( Falcon Merlin 10x42T, `Tweaky` reg, HW mod, Cobra Merlin+Dipol L3 ), Skan M32 .177 (3-12x44 mini SWAT), Alros Trailsman .177 (Simmons WTC 1.5-5x20 , `Tweaky` reg ), Steyr Evo 10e and a Daystate Pulsar. 177..

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_SwampThing View Post
    I shoot at Aldersley. You are welcome to come and try out my Steyr Evo 10e, I shoot most Mondays and Thursdays. Nick Marshall on here has an Evo 10e for sale in excellent condition and a very good price. Steyr have customer service second to none through Steyr UK. I also suggest that you get in touch with Iqbal Ubhi, distributor for Morini, as he is based in Birmingham (Ubhi Targets & Guns Ltd). He is a very nice chap, knows his stuff and may well have a selection of pistols for you to try.
    Atb
    Chris
    Thanks for that Chris ...... sorry for the slow reply, been away for the day.
    The Evo 10 is probably top of my list at the moment but not sure about the electric trigger version as I have no experience but have some 'don't touch em' comments from others - another good reason to try before you buy.
    Aldersley is not a million miles from me so .... might take you up on your offer.
    Someone at my club said the Morini distibutor was in Birmingham but didn't have any contact info........ I'll give iqbal a bell.
    Might be interested in Nick's Evo 10e - do you have any contact info please?
    Last edited by AstroMike; 11-07-2019 at 11:05 PM.

Sorry, just searched for the advert and it's sold recently May be worth pm'ing him to enquire if he has anything else, he had a nice Pardini recently).
    Just do a search for Nickm Marshall and you will find his contact details. (Nickm not just Nick)
    Atb
    Chris

I have a new Steyr Evo 10 medium for sale maybe?
    https://ibb.co/KGFKfZk