Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pellet stuck in barrel!! (Fwb300su)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Valentine View Post
    So after firing three times and noticing no hits on the target you tried 12 more times?
    Perhaps he thought that he missed 12 times on the previous outing.😁

You are not even close. Most I've removed is 20+ but my pal's had one with 33!!

Have I stated that I am a smart airgunner?
    No, acctually I admitted to be the most stupid of all..

I have ruined the gun, that much I understand but so much goes southway in my life so altogether Im not surprised..

Anyhow, I tried shooting it at home in my flat aprox 7.5m.. without any sights .. it loads and shoots seemingly ok but I have no doubts the precision will turn out to be ruined..
    Time will tell...

Unless you have physically damaged part of the bore or crown it is unlikely you have ruined the rifle.

I would suggest though that before doing any further shooting that the rifle is stripped and inspected as something has caused the initial problem of a pellet sticking and a service may be required.
    People who have been there focus on the fundamentals. People who sit at keyboards all day focus on the trivial and inane.

By the nature reserve, in the Great Outwood, Wakef
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincop View Post
    Have I stated that I am a smart airgunner?
    No, acctually I admitted to be the most stupid of all..

I have ruined the gun, that much I understand but so much goes southway in my life so altogether Im not surprised..

Anyhow, I tried shooting it at home in my flat aprox 7.5m.. without any sights .. it loads and shoots seemingly ok but I have no doubts the precision will turn out to be ruined..
    Time will tell...
    I doubt you’ve ruined the gun but it may be worth getting it serviced to make sure it’s not down on power.

The 300 is a fantastic rifle

Ruined the gun = ruined the barrel..

I will post updates however.

And thank you ALL for helping me out with all your feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Kincop View Post
    Ruined the gun = ruined the barrel..

I will post updates however.

And thank you ALL for helping me out with all your feedback
    Shoving self tapping screws down a barrel and turning them is a risky business .

hopefully you have been lucky

I had a Rohm 5 shot pistol with 5 stuck in the barrel.It's easier to do than you think on fast fire if you don't notice the gas pressure is down a bit.I just melted them out,you don't need a lot of heat to melt lead,didn't seem to do any harm after cleaning the barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by brucieboy View Post
    I had a Rohm 5 shot pistol with 5 stuck in the barrel.It's easier to do than you think on fast fire if you don't notice the gas pressure is down a bit.I just melted them out,you don't need a lot of heat to melt lead,didn't seem to do any harm after cleaning the barrel.
    That was an interesting approach!
    Of course I had to do a test by melting one pellet in a teaspoon using a lighter... :
    After aprox 1min the pellet melted and I poured it out..but there where som leftovers stucked to the spoon.
    How did you proceed cleaning the barrel afterward?

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    Now that you've got it shooting again? ,have you chronod it to see what foot lbs and velocity it's doing ?.
    Might give you an insight as to why it blocked the barrel in the first place .
    ATB, Gordon.
    Professional Ferret Juggler

Quote Originally Posted by gordon View Post
    Now that you've got it shooting again? ,have you chronod it to see what foot lbs and velocity it's doing ?.
    Might give you an insight as to why it blocked the barrel in the first place .
    Hey.
    No I have not shot it more than first and once after pulling out the pellets..
    Dont own a chrono so can't do a test on velo..
    Im shooting with my Hw30s solong as I get time to further test the Fwb... I'll post updates later on.

Quote Originally Posted by deejayuu View Post
    You are not even close. Most I've removed is 20+ but my pal's had one with 33!!

Update: 5x3 shots at 6m with diopter (and 56yrs old wearing glasses!)

I am a lot surprised!
    I also think the the lack of more hole/holes is due to my skills not problem with barrel.
    I have to do more test, this time with scope. And of course also at further distances..

So this is the reason that pellets got stucked..?

After I shot 10-12 pellets today I noticed that something was on its way up the barrel.. I thought dust of some kind but when I peeled it out I found its some kind of soft "rubber" (plastic debris?)
    I took a look in the barrel to find out if there where more..but no. I also glared into reverse side..it seems something is broken inside that "hole"..

As has been stated in this thread.....sorry mate it looks like your piston head is failling and is disintegrating, it may seem ok at the moment, but I would get it checked serviced and you will be surprised before you get a nasty surprise