Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pellet stuck in barrel!! (Fwb300su)

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    That's certainly looks like the piston head seal, I stripped and resealed a 300s because I was having it re- blued by Colin Molloy so had to strip it down. I used the online videos, took my time and took photos as I went along, not really that hard and well worth the effort .
    Its not worth risking any damage, it looks as if you've got away without any real damage ,I wouldn't push my luck with what is after all a superb rifle !
    Failing that , I'll gladly take if off your hands
    Last edited by gordon; 21-07-2019 at 11:11 AM.
    ATB, Gordon.
    Professional Ferret Juggler

Quote Originally Posted by gordon View Post
    That's certainly looks like the piston head seal, I stripped and resealed a 300s because I was having it re- blued by Colin Molloy so had to strip it down. I used the online videos, took my time and took photos as I went along, not really that hard and well worth the effort .
    Its not worth risking any damage, it looks as if you've got away without any real damage ,I wouldn't push my luck with what is after all a superb rifle !
    Failing that , I'll gladly take if off your hands
    Thanx.
    Yes it seems the rifle needs some sort of service.
    As you all are saying, its not worth risking keeping it shooting at this stage..

Sorry but tru..Im so worthless in understanding howto's so IF Im going to try fixing the rifle I need a LOT of time and privacy trying to focus on this matter/task. With beeing alone with two young kids and no space to leave the rifle in peace between engagements..thats not a simple situation.

Meanwhile, is there a guide for us newbies(dumbies) to read/learn how a airrifle is built up?

I lent a rifle to someone once who brought it back saying it's not working. There were seven pellets stuck about a third of the way up the barrel. I didn't have anything long enough so I got a wire coat hangar, put two ends in a vice and twisted it until I had a long and surprisingly strong pokey thing. I then welded the exact barrel sized drill on the end and carefully twisted my way through the seven pellets. Thankfully the rifle was fine afterward. Should add that it was a .22. Don't know if there would've been enough room for a .177.
    CZ 527 in 17 Hornet. Anchutz 1417 .22lr - Rapid Mk2 .22 fac @ 28ftlbs with BSA barrel
    HW100KT .22 @12ftlbs - RWS Scimitar .22 @ 12ftlbs - AA S200 .22 @ 12ftlbs
    Archer NV

Quote Originally Posted by Kincop View Post

After I shot 10-12 pellets today I noticed that something was on its way up the barrel.. I thought dust of some kind but when I peeled it out I found its some kind of soft "rubber" (plastic debris?)
    I took a look in the barrel to find out if there where more..but no. I also glared into reverse side..it seems something is broken inside that "hole"..
    Yes, that is the piston buffer coming apart.

The piston seal is a metal ring and very rarely fails

Best to not use the rifle until it is sorted or you will likely cause damage!
    People who have been there focus on the fundamentals. People who sit at keyboards all day focus on the trivial and inane.

Quote Originally Posted by Kincop View Post

After I shot 10-12 pellets today I noticed that something was on its way up the barrel.. I thought dust of some kind but when I peeled it out I found its some kind of soft "rubber" (plastic debris?)
    I took a look in the barrel to find out if there where more..but no. I also glared into reverse side..it seems something is broken inside that "hole"..
    We did kind of tell you in earlier posts? As we said then you need to strip the gun and replace the buffer washer.
    People said smile things could get worse, so I smiled and they did!

I am getting the impression that you have not stripped an air rifle before and are not very good with mechanical things. I also suspect your collection of tools may be somewhat restricted? Excuse me if I am wrong! But ... the FWB 300 is not exactly the rifle you want to start you air rifle repair experience on unless you have some confidence in your ability ... again, if I do you an injustice, I apologise. There are a few bits that can go 'ping' into the depths of your room... the little circlips that is. There are several strip guides available for the 300 and I suggest you have a look at them to see what is involved. Seal sets are generally easily found ... I can't remember exact prices but maybe in the region of £30???.
    Cheers, Phil
    PS if you can't find guides, send me your email by Pm and I will send you a couple as 'Word' documents.