Thread: Stainless media

Stainless media

What size and shape media are people using,
    17 hornet + 223

here ya go

I use these and this…. its the cheapest place to get it from and they do all sizes. The price given also includes delivery. I also use it for 17hornet, 223,243.
    Without curiosity, evolution would have been greatly flawed.....

Stainless steel media.

I am completely ignorant as regards S/Steel media, can you use it in a conventual tumbler or are they too small to use this media?
    6.5 55 SWEDE.223 HOWA VARMINT NIKON 8X32X50 -.22LR CZ STYLE-16" .17 HMR CZ AMERICAN-16" SIMMONS AETEC-12G BERETTA A.302,AYA NO 4,BAIKAL O&U

Stainless media is for wet tumbling.
    To destroy a people, you must first sever their roots. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by enigma View Post
    I use these and this…. its the cheapest place to get it from and they do all sizes. The price given also includes delivery. I also use it for 17hornet, 223,243.
    As above I got mine through the same seller but on Amazon for free postage. After speaking to a mate who had experimented a lot with wet tumbling I went for the 1.5mm x 8mm cross cut as it doesn’t seem to gets stuck in primer flash holes as much as the 1mm x 8mm does (in his experience) I use it in 222, .223, 22-250, 243, 25-06, 270 and 30-06

I’ve tried a few different additives since I bought it and found that filling to 3/4 with warm water, 2 or 3 teaspoons of citric acid crystals and a squirt of washing up liquid works great and is cheap as you can get food grade citric acid crystals for £6.99 a kg inc postage from . I leave mine to run for an hour rinse and add clean warm water as run for a further 10 min then empty into a flour sieve shake out the pins dunk in clean warm water and dry

https://www.proopsbrothers.com/1kg-1...216-5100-p.asp

Bit more info than you asked for but hope it helps

Rick
    It's not my faulty, I was just.....