Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Titan Manitou .25 accurized

Titan Manitou .25 accurized

Bought a nice Titan .25 in lovely condition. Couldn't wait to try it at our club range, but found it shot about one metre to the left at 20 metres even with scope fully adjusted. Looking down the barrel could see the silencer pointing way off to the left, the barrel was bent just at the cylinder/barrel bracket. Took barrel off and put it in the lathe to spin and try to straighten and managed to get it quite straight but I knew that just any slight deformation would throw the pellet off course. Taking measurements I worked out it was possible to take 15mm off the barrel without any detriment to silencer fit. Then I counterbored the barrel back another 15mm with a 7mm drill and re-crowned the bore with a correct shape mounted point. The rifle is now a little gem, shooting one hole groups.

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 12-07-2019 at 05:27 AM. Reason: Add pics
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    very nice
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Good result.
    First gun I've sold with a bent barrel.

Falcon. 25

My biggest regret selling my falcon in .25

Nice but as already said I think you have a falcon and not a titan

Quote Originally Posted by ZAKDINGEL View Post
    Nice but as already said I think you have a falcon and not a titan

Why is it a falcon and not a titan? Benelli should know what he has bought

Not sure what it is but I have a titan here with no checkering on the foreend?
    Great deals with Chippy K, Gareth W-B, Mr Punch, W Preston, Super Shooter, ayrtaxidermy

Quote Originally Posted by rooster View Post
    Not sure what it is but I have a titan here with no checkering on the foreend?
    Standard .22 Titan Manitou...

[IMG][/IMG]

The Difference as i recall is in the bolt if the groove is in the receiver its a titan if its in the bolt its a Falcon !

It does look like a Falcon with the flat breech, but on the changeover period there was very little difference. They are both lovely guns so it doesn't matter.

I have a Titan MPT .22 which is probably the most under estimated little classic semi bull pupped carbines ever made.

I bought mine originally for my daughter when she was eight years old, and she had some success on rabbits with it for a few years. I later sold it, but bought it back a couple of years ago (my daughter is now 31)after it had changed hands a few times and gone through the master Bowkets hands and a reblue.

It still shoots superbly.
    BASC

Both the sloping cut and flat cut breeches were used by Titan. When Falcon stole the design from Titan they hijacked the later flat cut breech block which was current production at the time. Check the Facebook JB fanpage for loads of factual info and photos. There is also a Facebook Titan page as well.

Call it a Titcon.

I must be honest, you can call it anything, I love its short length and low weight. A great 30 yard rabbit catcher. ZAKDINGLE is probably an expert on these as even John Bowkett cannot tell the difference between some of the Titans and Falcons, he said they were identical. Mine apparently is a custom job due to the steel barrel band.

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    I must be honest, you can call it anything, I love its short length and low weight. A great 30 yard rabbit catcher. ZAKDINGLE is probably an expert on these as even John Bowkett cannot tell the difference between some of the Titans and Falcons, he said they were identical. Mine apparently is a custom job due to the steel barrel band.

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]

even John Bowkett cannot tell the difference between some of the Titans and Falcons, he said they were identical.

Thats because except for minor stock differences the single shot ones were identical. I was told the components were hijacked put in a slightly different stock and called a Falcon. Except for the serial number there is no difference. Titan ran out of money before the case got to court, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]
    well no expert mate but I have had quite few over the years the main difference is the breach and pellet probe and as for Mr Bowkett what ever you do if you call him don't say the Falcon word ATB