Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kempton Classic 29th September

Quote Originally Posted by let me shoot it View Post
    you bought them at kempton this year didnt you.. i seen them to . proves my point that was whats on offer
    Yeh I did buy em last Fair, but had to do a fair bit of restoration to get looking this good, lucky my Pirate mate had a few seasoned gutter bolts that had character.
    See you in September

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    Yeh I did buy em last Fair, but had to do a fair bit of restoration to get looking this good, lucky my Pirate mate had a few seasoned gutter bolts that had character.
    See you in September
    That apprenticeship you had with Holland and Holland has done you pround!

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    That apprenticeship you had with Holland and Holland has done you pround!
    P m s l

pjbingham is offline My mother was flexible,but couldn't do Thursdays
    I had abit of a break away from our hobby when I was going through a divorce and like most in a similar position I had to sell most of what I owned which included a number of Air rifles and pistols that I had collected over the years. I was able to get back into it with rifles such as though above requiring more than just a little love, basically I had time but little money. I know the above is all abit tongue in cheek but let’s not forget that not all of us collect Mk1 and 2 Webley Rifles and Mil Pats etc. Although a few years on I can now afford the odd nicer rifle here and there money is still tight and I have as much enjoyment at finding a basket case as something much nicer, the history of the piece is no less due to its condition.
    I have attended virtually every Kempton Fair and have walked away with something every time and in all conditions and without the likes of Mr and Mrs Binners taking the chance and putting it together we would have precious little ‘darn sarf’ so I for one am happy that there are a range of items to suit all pockets and tastes.
    Just for the record the motley crew above in my humble opinion are all worthy of saving

let me shoot it, all you need is two hours of elbow grease....sorry for the colour purists.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    let me shoot it, all you need is two hours of elbow grease....sorry for the colour purists.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    lol and 2 litres of hammerite why have you not told me this before

kempton should instead of supplying magazines at the door . can you not do a deal with hammerite and say you have pirate rust on a mass scale

they would of instantly heard of this kempton rust buisness and knowing they can make millions of customers there im sure they would send over a litre per customer just to get you hooked ??

lol and 2 litres of hammerite why have you not told me this before

kempton should instead of supplying magazines at the door . can you not do a deal with hammerite and say you have pirate rust on a mass scale

they would of instantly heard of this kempton rust buisness and knowing they can make millions of customers there im sure they would send over a litre per customer just to get you hooked ??
    Oh dear, take another look, this is a barrel from HW35. The BSA rifle is cold blued with G96 Gun Creme. Rust removed with coarse wire wool.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 15-07-2019 at 04:00 AM.

Local rubbish tip also has some £10 bargains...

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    you bought them at kempton this year didnt you.. i seen them to . proves my point that was whats on offer
    Wow l missed them, l would have snapped them up if l had seen them. just the sort of thing l like.

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Local rubbish tip also has some £10 bargains...

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    One looks like it was hidden in the toilet for safe keeping.

Thats the new "safe" paint stripper that takes all night to work, not like the good old stuff. Just like all the "safe" disinfectants they now use in hospitals, I used to like the smell of Dettol and Carbolic soap when you walked in. Now you can't smell anything and people get sick just visiting ! Anyway back to the bargains, you can pick up some at our rubbish tip, the most common item very occasionally is the HW 35 for average £18. They don't realise how expensive the parts are even if the rifle is in a terrible condition.

Baz