Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Airmasters Mastersport FTS/Vmach

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Was that sold a few years ago on this site?

Matt
    Yes it was, by me. Wish I hadn't.

Me and a friend bought an airmasters FTS rifle off a guy in London a few years ago, it wasn't in the best of condition but had the adjustable forend like in the pic - it was the first time I'd seen a forend like that on a FTS.

Had the match trigger, like the one in the pic which was truly amazing.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    Richard, if I’m not mistaken this photograph is in an A5 sized AirMasters catalogue. I’ve loving held onto a copy since I picked it up at the midland game fair in the late 80’s/early 90’s. The centre spread is a few Shamals in ft/s stocks, previous to that page, the 77’s and the FWB’s.
    We moved house a few years back and I can’t find the catalogue now (it’s here still - but in a box ‘somewhere’). If you have the photographs from that catalogue I’d be over the moon to see them again.
    Cheers mate, Craig
    That's correct Craig.

If I can find anymore I'll put them up.

Richard

Great stuff, thank you.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Craig,

I've sent you a few emails....

Matt

Craig,

I've sent you a few emails....

Matt
    Just brilliant, thanks so much mate.
    Best, Craig
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

[IMG]2009_05080005 by Matt Hirst, on Flickr[/IMG]

Hopefully that will show?

Matt

The original silencer was battered to say the least, massive gouges out of it. New muzzle, rail and cocking lever made by John Ostler as Dave Welham wasn't able to make them at the time.

Picture taken in 2009 after the work had been done.

Matt

The original silencer was battered to say the least, massive gouges out of it. New muzzle, rail and cocking lever made by John Ostler as Dave Welham wasn't able to make them at the time.

Picture taken in 2009 after the work had been done.

Matt
    The woodwork looks like the one I had but the gun was in near mint condition when I sold it. The buyer from me must have dropped it or something if it was the same gun.

It was in a bit of bad condition when me and my friend bought it, if I remember correctly the silencer was all marked with gouges out of it (it looked like someo e had been at it with adjustable spanners for some reason) and the cocking lever scratched to hell. Rest of the action was perfect.

As Dave wasn't doing any work at the time, the silencer wAs replaced - it was made longer than required to cover marks and the cocking lever was made to hide marks as well.

After the work had been done on the gun it still shot sweet as anything - the trigger was amazing equally as good as the venom mach1.

Anyway the gun was for my friend who had sold the rest of his kit, unfortunately I've lost contact with my friend who has it. Think he paid £450 for the rifle at the time - it had been up for sale for a few weeks on here.

Matt

Just found the original thread for the rifle here

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ght=Airmasters

Just found the original thread for the rifle here

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ght=Airmasters
    Nice to see the original ad, £400 ten years and being sold as a doer upper! TBH it doesn't look that bad, a re-blue by someone like Colin Molloy and the moderator looks like it could have been saved, nice tune up and it would have been quite original.
    1970 FWB 300 - FWB 127 Sport - HW80 1983 - 1984 HW77K - HW30S - HW35 - AIRMASTERS 77FTS
    TX200 Mk2 .22 - TX200 Mk2 .177 - TX200SR Mk1 .177 Walnut - PROSPORT.177

Yep, that looks like the original rifle but that's not my advert. I guess the person I sold it to decided to move it on. There certainly were no issues with the gun when I sold it (although the underlever could have done with a reblue).
    Personally, I would get it back to looking how it was originally built - pure Airmasters.

The moderator was a lot worse than can be seen in the pictures, hence the work. As Dave Welham wasnt doing any work a decision was made to leave the rest of the rifle as original as possible but make the replacement bits as far away from the original as possible to make them stand out.

The rifle itself shot beautifully, was sat around 11ftlb, consistent as hell and as already said the trigger was stunning.

Matt

If I remember correct the rifle had been advertised s few weeks earlier, then taken off and readvertised.

Matt