Thread: Steyr LP1 Handle adjustment

Steyr LP1 Handle adjustment

Bonjour from sunny France,

About 6 months ago I acquired a third hand LP1 in excellent condition and, after several months of using it as bought, have decided that I really do need to make an adjustment to the angle of the grip. My problem is that one of the 4 adjusting screws will not budge! The other 3 are fine but one of the two I need to use is well and truly stuck.

Any suggestions as to how I can unstick it? I am wary of using too much brute force, particularly as the other adjusting screws turn with minimum effort.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post.

Bob

Adjustment screw

I'm not at home at the moment but if I recall correctly the four screws have countersink heads? Even though they sit proud of the trigger housing...
    You may find that the countersink shaft is just binding on the flat surface so may release with a sharp 'bounce' on an Allen key...(just talking about finger pressure still....)
    Try warming the assembly up with your French sunshine and then offering a couple of freezer cooled Allen keys into the offending screw before you try turning it.
    Don't use a ball head Allen key! You are far more likely to round the head off if you do... 😔

A little oil, wd40, ac90 or similar may help but keep it out of the head as we want as good a grip on the small head as possible 👍
    Good luck 😊🙏

Cool gentle adjustment!

Hi Headshotmike,

There is nothing wrong with your memory, your recollection is spot on!

Tried the 'bounce' with no luck but hadn't thought of the hot/cold combination so that is next on the list - certainly warm enough here at 35c! Gentle persuasion all the way. Yup, threw out my small ball head allen keys a while back, having rounded off one head too many!

Thanks for your time and advice.