Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
Deep inside my anorak I found a notebook in which I read that the said through trigger dowel pin bushes on these came in two sizes at least. I mentioned it on a recent thread here.
I think I noticed some difference between said arrrangement on an Original 45 and an RWS45 when I had examples of both of these fine guns out together at some point, years ago. I think this may point to an early and later bush configuration but I'm not totally sure. I'll ponder this while I try to get to sleep again...
Morning Drew,
How's the head??!!
Yes I recall you found the same differences on these two guns some time ago. Interestingly in your case it was on the same gun model albeit different variants.
I pinged you some pics last evening of the stock bushing holes and of the bushes themselves if you could post them up here?
As I've said to John above I'm wondering if the different arrangements are date linked?
Do you know introduction date on the 45 and 50T01? Perhaps all early guns had the bushings pushed in from inside the stock inletting and all later guns reversed? That would be logical to me?
But with M&G not all things are logical and it wouldn't surprise me if it was found that there is a batch of guns mid production with the bushings inlet from inside
Dave