Thread: I don't want to blow myself up.....

I don't want to blow myself up.....

Ok – here’s the story. My AA S400 blew an air cylinder seal. No problem – take the cylinder off – but then found the new seal would not fit with the top bolt assembly fitted. Still no problem as mine is a Ben Taylor modified rifle with no AT.
    However – this has been my working gun for 10 years and the six screws were seized probably due to moisture when it got wet (many times).
    So I sprayed WD40 on them and underneath as well and left over night and – happily they eventually came out.
    So now all is straightforward except that the cylinder screw part of the assembly – and the copper coloured firing valve must be contaminate with WD40 (I’m afraid it just got everywhere).
    Now I’ve cleaned everything up with clean rags but I am a bit concerned.
    At 200bar would the high partial pressure of Oxygen cause detonation of any combustible substances such as oil. This would not be good.
    So my question is apart from cleaning off any residue with rags – do I need to do anything else?
    I have a degreasant but that might be flammable. Or do I use soap and water?
    Or is it OK as is after a good wipe down?

Meth's will degrease everything it then evaporates

If you haven't got access to an airline and clean air, Brake and clutch cleaner in an aerosol is good gear.

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    Agree with the posters who suggest using a volatile solvent(petrol even), and then give it plenty of time to evaporate off. 200 bar is plenty enough to cause dieseling.
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

Air line

...I do have access to a compressor and an air line! Not sure how blowing air on it would help tho...

Quote Originally Posted by Turnup View Post
    Agree with the posters who suggest using a volatile solvent(petrol even), and then give it plenty of time to evaporate off. 200 bar is plenty enough to cause dieseling.
    That's what my concern is!

It's unfortunate that the heading for this thread came up under General Airgun as "I don't want to blow myself....."
    Gave me pause.

Quote Originally Posted by harrysmith View Post
    It's unfortunate that the heading for this thread came up under General Airgun as "I don't want to blow myself....."
    Gave me pause.
    I've just re-read the subject
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177