Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another nail?

Another nail?

I suppose the only thing holding licensing in England back at the moment is the all encompassing big B.

https://www.chichester.co.uk/news/pe...rols-1-9003169

The last line caught my eye, I wonder if that stat is correct?

“Animals continue to be maimed and killed every year so the RSPCA is calling on the Government to bring in tighter restrictions such as licensing, which we know in Scotland worked, resulting in a 75 per cent drop in animal related complaints in its first year.”

That statement feels a bit weasle worded "animal related complaints".

It feels to me that the scrotes who shoot cats will take absolutely no notice of a licensing scheme.
    ..."My son," said the Norman Baron...."The Saxon is not like us Normans. His manners are not so polite. But he never means anything serious till he talks about justice and right"...

Quote Originally Posted by Lol Moore View Post
    I suppose the only thing holding licensing in England back at the moment is the all encompassing big B.

https://www.chichester.co.uk/news/pe...rols-1-9003169

The last line caught my eye, I wonder if that stat is correct?

“Animals continue to be maimed and killed every year so the RSPCA is calling on the Government to bring in tighter restrictions such as licensing, which we know in Scotland worked, resulting in a 75 per cent drop in animal related complaints in its first year.”

That statement feels a bit weasle worded "animal related complaints".

It feels to me that the scrotes who shoot cats will take absolutely no notice of a licensing scheme.
    Still plenty of pets being shot in Scotland and still plenty of unlicensed airguns in Scotland too so it's hardly "worked".

I can't see the point in licensing air rifles - not when I can order a crossbow to be delivered to my house or, fire 12mm lead balls from my catapult. Both able to produce considerably more than 12ftlb.

All of the above.

Virtue signalling.
    How many animals are tortured and killed without air guns being involved ?

Don't preach to the converted, reply to the local rag's that print this rubbish, rebutting their claims & pointing out these acts are already illegal under currant laws.

Air guns, don't maim or kill animals. People do that and those, they are referring to are ferrel and abide by no laws, so licensing will not reduce it by 75% as they will not get a license. When will these organisations, see that it is the minority of morons, doing these crimes, not the people that are dedicated to our shooting sports.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Don't preach to the converted, reply to the local rag's that print this rubbish, rebutting their claims & pointing out these acts are already illegal under currant laws.
    Theres no story for them in that.

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    Quote Originally Posted by thumbhole View Post
    Air guns, don't maim or kill animals. People do that and those, they are referring to are ferrel and abide by no laws, so licensing will not reduce it by 75% as they will not get a license. When will these organisations, see that it is the minority of morons, doing these crimes, not the people that are dedicated to our shooting sports.
    They do see! but at the end of the day the Gov/ and these organisations don't want ANY member of the public bearing arms !
    ATB, Gordon.
    Professional Ferret Juggler

Quote Originally Posted by Jonjon79 View Post
    I can't see the point in licensing air rifles - not when I can order a crossbow to be delivered to my house or, fire 12mm lead balls from my catapult. Both able to produce considerably more than 12ftlb.
    Exactly the positin im in here in scotland. I applied twice and been refussed twice yet i have 2 crossbows, a compound and a recurve bow and several catapults and im free to use all of them on permissions to practice or clubs for recreational purposes and not break the law.t t
    rapid 17/viper,daystate airwolf/connect/hw45 ags pistol scope

Quote Originally Posted by eddiecos View Post
    Exactly the positin im in here in scotland. I applied twice and been refussed twice yet i have 2 crossbows, a compound and a recurve bow and several catapults and im free to use all of them on permissions to practice or clubs for recreational purposes and not break the law.t t
    Why have you been refused an AWL ? Medically or due to being a bad boy when younger ?

There has been people refused and they got theirs with some help

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonjon79 View Post
    Licensing airguns has nothing to do with ft/lbs or how dangerous things are because a light spear thrown at 73.5 fps weighing 2 pounds is 167 ft/lbs, also I heard that there is still a old law that says that we have to practice archery one day a week

Guns = barrels and there seem to be a psychological thing about guns with the public but do people misuse airguns more than archery equipment, my guess is that they do, I'm not sure about catapults though, if people with mental defects who are cruel found that it was harder to get airguns would it help if I'm honest I guess it might

I was into FAC guns when I was younger but now along with so many I like a simple unlicensed shooting hobby so if licensing air rifles does happen I'm not sure yet if I would give up airguns depends on what the licence is I suppose.

I wonder if a licensing would devalue airguns in the UK?

Just a matter of time before england starts licensing air guns in my opinion. It all started with the ban hunting with dogs from then on its only going downhill. Then when they get there own way with that theyl find something else to pick on.

make what laws you like it wont stop.

Quote Originally Posted by rifleman56 View Post
    make what laws you like it wont stop.
    Totaly agree just a shame the packhams in this world keep interfering with what people in this country love and have for generations.

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Why have you been refused an AWL ? Medically or due to being a bad boy when younger ?

There has been people refused and they got theirs with some help
    I went through sacs for my second application and thought we had a good chance of success but they used every situation i had been in trouble and sighted that i had continued to make bad decissions and therefor a potential risk to public safety. Obviously i disagree. Been shooting 40 years without incident. If Yr
    rapid 17/viper,daystate airwolf/connect/hw45 ags pistol scope