Quote Originally Posted by Jonjon79 View Post
I can't see the point in licensing air rifles - not when I can order a crossbow to be delivered to my house or, fire 12mm lead balls from my catapult. Both able to produce considerably more than 12ftlb.
Licensing airguns has nothing to do with ft/lbs or how dangerous things are because a light spear thrown at 73.5 fps weighing 2 pounds is 167 ft/lbs, also I heard that there is still a old law that says that we have to practice archery one day a week

Guns = barrels and there seem to be a psychological thing about guns with the public but do people misuse airguns more than archery equipment, my guess is that they do, I'm not sure about catapults though, if people with mental defects who are cruel found that it was harder to get airguns would it help if I'm honest I guess it might

I was into FAC guns when I was younger but now along with so many I like a simple unlicensed shooting hobby so if licensing air rifles does happen I'm not sure yet if I would give up airguns depends on what the licence is I suppose.

I wonder if a licensing would devalue airguns in the UK?