Thread: Anschutz 250, bit of a revelation

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    Hi,

Just serviced an LG250 I bought a while back and wow, what an interesting rifle!

The shot cycle feels much gentler than a Giss System, but virtually recoiless. The mechanism also feels more ‘normal’ than a sledge system but it’s still putting out 5.5 ftlbs and is pellet on pellet accurate.

https://youtu.be/DpxtKjvKtcE

That hydrolic damper system is such an ingenious design.

I’m a bit late to the party but glad I made it.

Matt.
    Never too late to enjoy these fabulous airguns .
    I have the Mod 220 which uses a similar pneumatic recoil absorber rather than the hydraulic one like yours.
    I like the way it is built with the precision and close tolerances of a 10m target rifle yet it looks quite like an ordinary rifle from the outside. The recoil is more like a brief shudder felt after the shot has gone. Love the palm swell and thumb rest too.
    Agree 100% with blocking the cocking arm with the elbow when inserting the pellet in the barrel.

Edit: Good video. I have various models of the Giss Dianas that I have set up and my favourite test is to stack 4 flat head pellets on top of each other on the round part of the cylinder and shoot the gun.....they just tremble a bit and stay stacked. Can email you the video I just did if you are interested to see it and have the patience to watch 4 pellets (eventually) being stacked on top of each other.
    Those old Dianas are so addictive to shoot
    Last edited by dvd; 21-07-2019 at 01:22 PM.