Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anschutz 250, bit of a revelation

Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    Good vid David, Very impressive demo of the 75 in action, you should upload it to YouTube.

Giss system is such a great mechanism,
    I did film some footage of a cutaway of the Giss system in action at 1:20 in:

https://youtu.be/1tyDTwpEDLg

I’d love to get my hands on a 220, sounds like quite an important rifle. Apparently 11,000 were made but they come up on egun every now and then.

Cheers,

Matt.
    Thank you Matt. Your video is great too .

If ever you get a Mod 220, it is unique and very well put together.
    All you need to strip it down is a flat turn-screw to undo the screws and remove the modular trigger, followed by unscrewing the lightly preloaded end-cap and you're done. The high quality of the internal components has to be seen to be appreciated.
    An unusual thing is that the trigger sear does not hold the piston in the cocked position against spring tension, which means that the trigger can be set up with just the right amount of sensitivity.
    Unfortunately parts are scarce.

Than you probably have either a really good LG250 or a really bad GISS
    I own(ed) both, have owned the FWB300 too but I rate both the Diana and FWB higher. The Anschutz isnt really recoilless. Its recoil suppressed or how do you call it in english? Imo, the 220 is better system.
    Anyway, good yóu like it. Thats most important. Have fun with it.
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    Than you probably have either a really good LG250 or a really bad GISS
    I own(ed) both, have owned the FWB300 too but I rate both the Diana and FWB higher. The Anschutz isnt really recoilless. Its recoil suppressed or how do you call it in english? Imo, the 220 is better system.
    Anyway, good yóu like it. Thats most important. Have fun with it.
    Sounds like you've shot a bad LG250

In all seriousness I'd rate the Giss and Sledge systems higher too, but a newly serviced 250 has a very pleasant shot cycle, and I was surprised.

I was intrigued by the 220 system, came across a pic of the 220's rearward facing piston on Danny's ever educational website:

So on both systems the spring is able to expand in both directions, just dampened by the hydrolic fluid on the 250, very clever.

You've got to hand it to the Germans....

Matt.

I had 2 Anschutz 250s. They were ok to shot but not as nice as GISS or FWB300
    But maybe the oil damper can be tinkered with. Maybe it should be only half full instead of full for best shooting behaviour. I dont know.
    Its a weak system, with several weak points. As such, it was anschutz's 'worst' design.
    Theyre easy to work on though fortunately.
    ATB,
    yana