Thread: Considering selling up... 😕 As new Hw44 and every extra.

Considering selling up... 😕 As new Hw44 and every extra.

Good evening all. First off let me apologise if this kind of post is not acceptable. Basically, I'm mid house renovation, just bought a new car (which has been smashed Into almost immediately) and on the verge of a mountain bike upgrade. So, my as new weirauch hw44 has been sat unused for a couple of months I'm considering selling up. It's got the original packaging, manual, suppressor, scope, red dot, bipod, hard case and 3l bottle which has only been filled once!
    My problem is I'm not sure how best to sell and what it's worth. My local shop has always said they'd have it off me but I'm sure that would be rock bottom. Anyway, any guidance would be gratefully appreciated. I'm prepared to take a hit on it all but don't want to be robbed blind. Thanks kindly.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbs View Post
    Good evening all. First off let me apologise if this kind of post is not acceptable. Basically, I'm mid house renovation, just bought a new car (which has been smashed Into almost immediately) and on the verge of a mountain bike upgrade. So, my as new weirauch hw44 has been sat unused for a couple of months I'm considering selling up. It's got the original packaging, manual, suppressor, scope, red dot, bipod, hard case and 3l bottle which has only been filled once!
    My problem is I'm not sure how best to sell and what it's worth. My local shop has always said they'd have it off me but I'm sure that would be rock bottom. Anyway, any guidance would be gratefully appreciated. I'm prepared to take a hit on it all but don't want to be robbed blind. Thanks kindly.
    how much for gun and silencer and red dot cheers

I would not discount the gun too much.
    They are sought after and not many second hand ones for sale.

£500 for the gun and silencer plus what you can get for the other bits.
    I'm guessing that buyers won't want all of the kit.
    Drop to £450 if you have to.

Calibre will influence price.
    .177 favourite.

Put it for sale on here.

Thanks chaps. Yes it's a 1.77. I've got a case full of pellets... About £200 worth. 😅

Not 100% yet but I'm half considering a Hw75... If I can find one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gengis View Post
    Ask how much on a valuation thread and you might get kicked off the site. It is not allowed, read the rules!

Quote Originally Posted by Gengis View Post
    Trying to buy of the back of a valuation post ?

Read the forum rules ?
    Don't offer to buy, or try to sell off the back of a valuation thread

Hi. Am posting this to clarify things. When a valuation thread is posted, it must be treated as that, and nothing more. Once an owner of an item has a sound valuation figure, if they then wish to sell, they must start a fresh sales thread in either the main sales section, or if a collectable, in the collectors section, or with my blessing (if it is a collectable), in both . Turning a valuation thread into a sales thread will result in a two week holiday.

Similarly anyone posting on a valuation thread, or sending a p-m to an o-p that they would like to buy, or swap, with an item in question, irrespective of their motivation, is also unfortunately going to get themselves a two week holiday from the BBS. Asking an owner to let you know when they offer their item for sale, too, will imo constitute offering to buy off the back of a valuation thread, so please don't do it . Thank you for taking the time to read this.

I'm sorry if I've caused any hassle here guys. I had no malice in mind when posting and thank everyone that gave me the info I needed to help make my mind up. I will get it advertised shortly. Have a good evening all.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbs View Post
    I'm sorry if I've caused any hassle here guys. I had no malice in mind when posting and thank everyone that gave me the info I needed to help make my mind up. I will get it advertised shortly. Have a good evening all.
    No apologies needed Turbs, it’s not a problem at all seeking views on a valuation. What one must not do is to make an ‘offer to buy’ on the thread as per post #2 above as explained in paragraphs 3 and 4 of #7 above . If you do decide to sell on here you can always open a posting in Sales.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Understood. Thanks. 👍🏽