Thread: High shooting Webley mk111

High shooting Webley mk111

Hi there I have a webley mk3 in .22 ,I’ve got it shooting ok power wise now ,when I was given this rifle
    The back sight base was original,but the sight blade not ,I’ve made a replacement,it’s v is cut Down as far
    As you can go ,but it still shoots high ,I have read some bits on the tinternt that say they do tend to shoot high is this the norm. Mark

Try to find a higher front sight. I have had this problem and made a sight.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

I've got exactly the same issue with one of mine, which is in exceptionally fine condition, so I'm reluctant to replace the original foresight with a home made one. I'm not aware the Mk 3 foresight was offered in anything other than one standard height, unless others know better?

I'd be interested in how to resolve this too, without resorting to making new parts.

John

I think these guns come from a time when a 6 o'clock low aim, was standard practice. That is where you effectively balance the target on top of the fore sight. Maybe that has something to do with it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lakey View Post
    I think these guns come from a time when a 6 o'clock low aim, was standard practice. That is where you effectively balance the target on top of the fore sight. Maybe that has something to do with it ?
    Not with mine Lakey - shoots way too high. Over the years I've owned a number of Mk 3s in both calibres and all, except this one could be zeroed to shoot to point of aim.

Very frustrating

John

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    As the base and post of the sight look flush, how about making a thin metal T (but the other way up) and fix it to the base and post of the sight? Maybe Blu tack until you get the height right and then a spot of something more permanent ? I'm sure someone on here can tell you which glue or gunge.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    As the base and post of the sight look flush, how about making a thin metal T (but the other way up) and fix it to the base and post of the sight? Maybe Blu tack until you get the height right and then a spot of something more permanent ? I'm sure someone on here can tell you which glue or gunge.
    Thanks Guy - that may work.

Kind regards,

John

Thanks

Thanks ,it seems the odd gun shoots high,the barrel straightener must have had an off day 😀 now and then .

Thats a fact also, I would tease the barrel downhill a little. Just had a look in my drawer, think these are similar to Webley sights and they do look a little short. You could get a sight for another rifle as seen in top of pic and make it fit the dovetail. Its silly not to change the sight just to keep the rifle original, the old sight could be changed back at any time if you want to sell the rifle.

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 21-07-2019 at 08:07 PM.
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

I'm with the barrel tweakers. Possibly/probably underlever slam at some time. Quick and permanent, till the next time, fix.
    Straight edge check is OK but sighting through barrel is definitive.