Thread: smaller size BSA stock ?

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia

smaller size BSA stock ?

I bought a BSA stock cheaply on the bay.. it was supposed to be for a light pattern. I thought it looked a bit petite around the pistol grip, but proceeded to repair a big crack first.

That's now done, but when I offered it up to my own L, its clearly smaller - only about 1/2" smaller in length, but the diameter of the "head", where it abuts the metal action, is about 1/8" smaller, and the pistol grip is a little smaller too.

Except for the dimensional differences, looks like any other BSA underlever stock - so what's it off please ?

Last edited by Shed tuner; 20-07-2019 at 08:05 PM.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

From a Breakdown pattern possibly?

https://www.vintageairgunsgallery.co...65f76d818b.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mrto View Post
    I was wondering that... do they have a small diameter action where it meets the woodwork ?
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    I was wondering that... do they have a small diameter action where it meets the woodwork ?
    Without getting my Standards and Breakdown pattern out for comparison,(in the loft) from memory I think the Breakdown does have a smaller diameter trigger block.

bsa stock,

i was wondering if was from the bsa juvenile?

thanks for the suggestions.. if anyone has and dimensions they can share, especially trigger block diameter, that would help me out..

It is definitely from a 1930's BSA breakdown Pattern. The Juvenile was a pre-WW1 gun and had a completely different pistol hand stock.Also the shape of the stock confirms that it is from the Breakdown pattern as the overhang for the web of the thumb was smaller on that stock , than on the similar, but large BSA Standard air rifle.

See here