Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New toy....

Operating without any decent restraint - Nottm
    Quote Originally Posted by aris View Post
    How many shots do you get out of a full tank?
    I'm getting just about 35 full power shots in .177. Then about another 4 or five as the accuracy starts to wain. but I'd say a refill at 35 is optimum.
    I guess you'd get a bit more out of a .22.
    Last edited by Neil.; 25-07-2019 at 10:33 AM.
    1st Battalion Humberside Cavalier Rescue Deserters on the cut

The barrel would have to be at least 30cm for that to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Valentine View Post
    The barrel on my Theoben gas ram was 9” from the factory.
    I was about say the same thing as Steve
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post
    I was about say the same thing as Steve
    It is an interesting question & legal dilemma. What is an Air Pistol - and what is an Air Rifle (as defined by law). We know that air pistols are limited to 6 ft/lb and air rifles 12 ft/lb - but there doesn't seem to be a legal definition written in law of how you define each. S1/S5 don't cover air in that respect. There was a thread on here some years ago which came to the conclusion that it was based on how it was shipped from the factory - either as a 'pistol' or a 'rifle' - hence you can get air 'rifles' with sub 30cm barrels.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....al-definition)

John Bowkett does modifications to BSA PCP's giving it sub 30cm after the fact, and it appears to be legal (at least he says so)

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...78352388876311

The comments in the link above also have a very good description of Bowkett's blueprint tuning - costs, and what he does etc.

I could be wrong here - but that's how I understand it.

It is an interesting question & legal dilemma. What is an Air Pistol - and what is an Air Rifle (as defined by law). We know that air pistols are limited to 6 ft/lb and air rifles 12 ft/lb - but there doesn't seem to be a legal definition written in law of how you define each. S1/S5 don't cover air in that respect. There was a thread on here some years ago which came to the conclusion that it was based on how it was shipped from the factory - either as a 'pistol' or a 'rifle' - hence you can get air 'rifles' with sub 30cm barrels.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....al-definition)

John Bowkett does modifications to BSA PCP's giving it sub 30cm after the fact, and it appears to be legal (at least he says so)

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...78352388876311

The comments in the link above also have a very good description of Bowkett's blueprint tuning - costs, and what he does etc.

I could be wrong here - but that's how I understand it.
    All fair points
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Well. Bit of an update.
    Found this on Youtube and I thought I'd give it a go.

The grease is like treacle... I used the buffing wheel on my grinder instead of wet and dry.

The groups have tightened up quite well. Bench rested I'm getting ragged one holes at 24 mts.

Personally, for just over 200 quid, this is a remarkable bit of kit.

However, Mr Ratty that was raiding the bird table about an hour ago, didn't appreciate the hole in his head....

Bit of a play today.

I clamped it in a shooting rest and 5 shots @24mts Waited for the wind to drop before shots, so this was over about a 20 min period.

Results. To be fair the groups start to widen considerably at any further distance, but for a Chinese gun at just over 200 quid, Its quite an impressive tool.