Thread: Filling pre charge rifles

Filling pre charge rifles

Ive been told its always best to cock the rifle before charging as this eases pressure. Is this true as ive never cocked any of my rifles when charging and never had any trouble. Cheers

Filling

Only needed if the gun is completely empty of air as the hammer spring opens the firing valve when there is no pressure behind it .So as you put air in the open valve vents it.
    SO NO only if gun is empty.
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!

only ever charged my s200 with the bottle on once the bolt flew out. now its bottle off and charge it and screw it back in. that's charged with a logun hand pump. no wonder people say i look fit, but i am knackered.
    the only thing i can find wrong is the nut on the steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Verminx View Post
    Ive been told its always best to cock the rifle before charging as this eases pressure. Is this true as ive never cocked any of my rifles when charging and never had any trouble. Cheers
    Pollocks as far as I am concerned.

If the rifle has dumped its air then some rifles need to be cocked to close the system down otherwise the air just goes through and out of the action.

I have never heard of a bolt coming out whilst filling so suggests a bigger issue to me
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Bolt

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    Pollocks as far as I am concerned.

If the rifle has dumped its air then some rifles need to be cocked to close the system down otherwise the air just goes through and out of the action.

I have never heard of a bolt coming out whilst filling so suggests a bigger issue to me

There is an issue I think but perhaps not with the gun!
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!

I see you have bothered to post on another issue today. A reply on this post would be nice!

How about THANKS

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Dunkley View Post
    I see you have bothered to post on another issue today. A reply on this post would be nice!

How about THANKS
    Was actually waiting for a few more replies just too see other peoples thoughts on this this before i replied! So THANKS..impatient TIT

never ever done this in any of my guns and they have all been fine

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Was actually waiting for a few more replies just too see other peoples thoughts on this this before i replied! So THANKS..impatient TIT
    How to win friends and influence people!

Cheers.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!